Is Cashing In Ff Miles On Delta Typical Of Airlines?

dean

Yep came into BKK at like 5:30 on ANA.

got real silver ware back in cattle class. :biggrin:

Plus no large old air hostess.

With ANA, it has always been like that. Possibly, they had to replace the cutlery with plastic on their flights to the US but not for regional (Asian) flights.

This is the third time in the years I've had issues with them.

Maybe I'm just catching them on bad days?

You mean, United?

Been on them NRT-BKK once and the food was 7-11 type heated hamburger.

On my way back, they moved me to a TG flight. Empty, good food, good service and all the row of seats to sleep on.

Not always like that (an empty plane is not a good thing) but anyway far better than United.

As for airmiles, they give you about ~1 cent per dollar. Good if you have a lot of biz travel that someone else pays (your company) and you can accrue them but not worth anything if you travel on your personal money.

Cashing points? This is Aussie style:

"A review of your Frequent Flyer account indicates that your last point activity was in February 2009.

Therefore, we'd like to remind you that you have 132,709 points points due to expire on 29 Feb 2012*.

So, to avoid losing them, make sure you earn or redeem points before 29 Feb 2012."

Fuck you Qantas. With the points you have had some chance of seeing me again on your scrap metal junk planes with grandmas and gay crew.

Now, never again.

132,709 points is more than 120,000 needed for business class Tokyo - Sydney. Glad that I had used 1.3 million on biz class to BKK before.

Do not believe the Delta website for award availability!!! The award calendar has been broken for years. You have to call Delta (probably multiple times) to sort out an award ticket. Ask for help at Flyertalk.com in the Delta forum.

If I actually have to call them to use my points, I'll try Korean Airlines first. From what I understand, its a more comfortable flight and it goes to Chiang Mai, which is my final destination. I occasionally look at flyertalk and sometimes use searches generally or specifically on the Delta thread, using Thailand, Bangkok and CM but haven't seen any threads that would address my concerns.

If I actually have to call them to use my points, I'll try Korean Airlines first. From what I understand, its a more comfortable flight and it goes to Chiang Mai, which is my final destination. I occasionally look at flyertalk and sometimes use searches generally or specifically on the Delta thread, using Thailand, Bangkok and CM but haven't seen any threads that would address my concerns.

You will still have to call Delta to use your miles to get a ticket on Korean Airlines! Plus KA has loads of blackout dates, so just be aware.

Archived