Getting Old - Really Sucks :(

gobbledonk

Yep, I'm soft. At an age when many are preoccupied with the risk of cancer and other afflictions, I'm mildly annoyed by my rumbling guts, particularly after drinking milk. I used to laugh at old guys who needed Alka-Seltzer after a meal - less humourous when you hear something that sounds like you just 'farted' internally. No pain, but not exactly the best for my planned bedroom adventures.

Our nanny state keeps telling me to get my prostrate checked etc, but when the hell are you supposed to do that when you work the same days the doctors do ? I know - get it together and take a day off work - if only this place would survive without me ! :clown:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I'm soft. At an age when many are preoccupied with the risk of cancer and other afflictions, I'm mildly annoyed by my rumbling guts, particularly after drinking milk. I used to laugh at old guys who needed Alka-Seltzer after a meal - less humourous when you hear something that sounds like you just 'farted' internally. No pain, but not exactly the best for my planned bedroom adventures.

Our nanny state keeps telling me to get my prostrate checked etc, but when the hell are you supposed to do that when you work the same days the doctors do ? I know - get it together and take a day off work - if only this place would survive without me ! :clown:

Try Prilosic, OTC drug, for your rumbling stomach. A two week regiment should help. On the other hand, maybe try lactose free milk. That sometimes times helps old farts like us.

Getting old sucks, but it's still a lot better than the alternative. :beer:

But how do we *know* that ? For all we know, the afterlife really is endless bliss with 18 virgins, each of whom owns a 24-hour bar. No hangovers, no-one knocking off your wallet - man, I need to move to this 'Heaven' place.

Archived