Getting Old - Really Sucks :(

gobbledonk

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting old sucks, but it's still a lot better than the alternative. :beer:

But, with age comes wisdom

A guy is 72 years old and loves to fish.

He was sitting in his boat the other day when he heard a voice say,

"Pick me up."

He looked around and couldn't see anyone.

He thought he was dreaming when he heard the voice say

again, "Pick me up."

He looked in the water and there, floating on the top, was a frog.

The man said, "Are you talking to me?"

The frog said, "Yes, I'm talking to you. "Pick me up, then kiss me;

and I'll turn into the most beautiful woman you have ever seen.

I'll make sure that all your friends are envious and jealous, because

I will be your bride!"

The man looked at the frog for a short time, reached over, picked

it up carefully and placed it in his shirt pocket.

The frog said, "What, are you nuts? Didn't you hear what I said?"

I said, "Kiss me, and I will be your beautiful bride."

He opened his pocket, looked at the frog and said,

"Nah. At my age, I'd rather have a talking frog."

i was quite put out on my last visit.

i was called 'papa' in my regulat bars.......something which has never happened before and only 3 months after my last visits.

i'm 51 and young at heart and don't think i look old....after all i also get called 'hansum man' all the time... :biggrin:

but walking down the streets and hearing 'papa' called at me from women who are less then 15 years younger then me pissed me off..... :angryfire:

I remember a thread years back about someone in the same conundrum... went from being "hansum man" to "pappa" in one trip.... Being 4 weeks from a trip myself it's in the back of my mind.. I have aged considerably since my last trip, will be devastated it i've crossed that level.

Then again, I'm known for my exaggeration when it comes to lowering my age...

Let's face it - a young mind really was a wonderful thing to waste, wasnt it ? Is there anyone here who would have spent more time studying, working and generally being a more productive member of society ? I sometimes regret having killed so many brain cells, but that's a vicious cycle - nothing like a few beers to drown regret.

Would you rather be towing a caravan around Australia with a 60-year old wife ? I'll pass.

Let's face it - a young mind really was a wonderful thing to waste, wasnt it ? Is there anyone here who would have spent more time studying, working and generally being a more productive member of society ?

I would love the opportunity to go back knowing what I do now. Things I was passionate about then would seem naive and a bit stupid -- and while I would NOT devote more time to working, I would - hopefully - exert more effort towards learning languages and experiencing life outside of my own small sphere. Now rolling up on 40 soon I have to be more selective -- no longer are the possibilities unlimited. Suddenly time itself is becoming a prize resource, and that's a strange sensation.

I fear a lot of things, but can honestly say I don't fear death -- but I am leery of going through life without accomplishing something to be proud of -- that took significant effort. Or that took a genuine risk and gamble. I think my greatest fear is getting trapped in a comfort zone and turning into a soft middle-aged white dude with no bite.

Fuck that.

Archived