Atm(S) With No Fee?

cavanami

According to Stick, the owners of the one 'fee free' set of ATMs rapidly realised the error of their ways and are now charging a fee. Its fucked up, but all the more reason to start a Thai bank account - not sure what sort of rate you get transferring funds from an offshore bank though.

According to Stick, the owners of the one 'fee free' set of ATMs rapidly realised the error of their ways and are now charging a fee. It's fucked up, but all the more reason to start a Thai bank account - not sure what sort of rate you get transferring funds from an offshore bank though.

Banks pay whatever the rate is on the day of transfer - minus a fee, of course!

• 3 weeks later...

hscbc thonglor. no fee (non hscbc visa cards)

Never knew about HSBC branch at Thonglor, just the one on Rama IV across from Lumpini, but then again that is local to me.

Local banking is the way to go if you have the correct paperwork, K bank are offering 4.5% interest on deposits of 100K plus and gave me a Credit Card with 100K limit, SCB I use for company account, lower interest rate but also lower fees, Thanachart account allows me to trade on SET real time with their on floor traders.

Kong

• 4 weeks later...

In MBK, if you enter from the Sky Train through the Tokyu Department store, face the far end of MBK and keep walking down the right hand side until nearly the end.

There's an Aeon ATM that'll let you take out 30K bht no fee. It's hard to spot, as the Aeon branding is not prominent, but it's blue-ish and in a group of 2 or 3.

Archived