Brisbane Qld

Mekong

They have offered AUD 225K / Annum

Send some prays for people not fortunate enough who have to make do with 186,000 US$ a year. Think Hillary Clinton.

When I started in Japan, I was on the same money as Condolezza Rice. What a tough life it was. Promotions and $ sinking, converted from yen (only that made me look 40% richer in US$) now make the Secretary of the State look as a pauper.

I need to make some serious $$$$ over the next 7 years to retire at 55. I still have property in Thailand where I can visit and eventually retire to.

There is a little known beauty of Japan that explains (partially ) hard work here. When you retire, you get last month brutto salary x years of service. So, say, you end up at 225K a year, after 32 years of work. That makes 600,000$ in "good buye" money, does not do anything with your pension entitlements, that still comes. Then, you pay 20% tax on it and there you go, 480,000$ cash. If you have not managed to save anything else, you can live well on that money in Thai. I would end up with 350-380K of that dough. Yet another reason that I turned down that management job in BKK yesterday. Try to save 350K $ off 80K a year salary and 25K a year school fees.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was posted in careers and Finance so IMHO statements on income are just statements and not bragging, the fact is there is money to be made out there as long as you dont sit on your fat arse in Dubai all your life.

Now if you think that I am bragging you are just showing your jealousy since you don't have the balls to make the extra $$$.

Yes we disagree on many things but I still think you are a decent chap

Kong

Kong, indeed I do have a fat arse and yes I live in Dubai, although not for much longer, and i earn well but unlike yourself I never quote how much I earn, whereas you've been doing it for years. Your excuse that because you post it in Careers and Finance makes it OK is bollocks frankly cos I don't see other BM's posting their salaries there (talking about ones income in public is very crass and shallow). Stop talking about yourself and how well you think you are doing and just contribute to the board from the wealth of experience that you no doubt have.

PS I am a decent chap and I'm sure you are to and I would love to meet you one day, although that won't happen if you go to Oz.

Kong, indeed I do have a fat arse and yes I live in Dubai, although not for much longer, and i earn well but unlike yourself I never quote how much I earn, whereas you've been doing it for years. Your excuse that because you post it in Careers and Finance makes it OK is bollocks frankly cos I don't see other BM's posting their salaries there (talking about ones income in public is very crass and shallow). Stop talking about yourself and how well you think you are doing and just contribute to the board from the wealth of experience that you no doubt have.

PS I am a decent chap and I'm sure you are to and I would love to meet you one day, although that won't happen if you go to Oz.

Munchie, OK we agree to disagree on this topic, we have been at each others throats in the past and we overcome our differences and now respect each other to a certain degree.

The last time I mentioned actual salary packages was in a PM with you about UAE cost of living, not on a public forum, my query about QLD was purely about cost of living ie accommodation, Transportation, entertainment etc after tax, so IMHO quoting a figure offered and asking for advise is not bragging as such but a request for input from QLD people as to if it is worth making the move. I don't state my income I merely advise on current rates.

Quoting available packages is advice and not bragging, much as I stated to TTM on his BKK work offer thread, one has to consider the overall package on offer.

I do not consider that I brag about earnings, more like advising what is available out there if prepared to chase the $$$$, now if you consider me a pretentious asshole for saying such that is well within your rights and opinions, I just state that projects such as in Kazakhstan are now offering EURO 1000 / day for 28 days on 28 days off, not bragging just stating a fact. I have chased the "Petro Dollar" all over the world for over 25 years now and am up to date with the rates. Many people undersell themselves due to unawareness of current rates.

As I said, I am not going to fall out with you over this, I have my reasons for advising the current rates available and you disagree with me doing so.

I look forward to actually meeting up with you one day, even if I go to QLD my home base will still be Bangkok.

Regards

Kong

Munchie, I think you have to balance that against some really off-the-wall posts from Mekong over the last 12-18 months : at one stage, I recall one about a near suicide at a train station in Madrid. Lets not put him back on that platform. :rolleyes:

The Thai 360 Billionaires Club has had several notable members over the years, and Kong has been but one. At least we no longer have expats calling one another out over who has the 'bigger package' .... :stirthepo

Kong, indeed I do have a fat arse and yes I live in Dubai, although not for much longer, and i earn well but unlike yourself I never quote how much I earn, whereas you've been doing it for years. Your excuse that because you post it in Careers and Finance makes it OK is bollocks frankly cos I don't see other BM's posting their salaries there (talking about ones income in public is very crass and shallow).

There are salaries postings by English teachers, several over last 2 weeks, were you there to warn them "talking about ones income in public is very crass and shallow"?

What is wrong with quoting what ads say about the price?

LOL to that gobble....

225K per year is just peanuts, I know at least 2 boardmembers who earn more :stirthepo

BB

Yeah! The only way I'd earn that much is if I was paid in Turkish Lira, or maybe Zimbabwean dollars.... Maybe if I posted a photo of my payslip people would feel sorry for me and start sending money... after all my buffalo staffy is sick... and I think I just bruised my rib :closemouth:

Red, great news. I've just been in touch with a wonderful fellow from a Bank in Nigeria, and apparently they have 25,000,000.19 British pounds in escrow and all he needs is some bank account details to help him move that money out of the country. I've given him mine - forward me your details and I'll pass them on !

Aaaah, the milk of human kindness.

Archived