Brisbane Qld

Mekong

Unfortunately QLD is on HOLD at the moment, I was due to be involved in CSG (Coal Seam Gas) Projects which, as mentioned in Gobbies Link, QLD CSG projects are now on hold due to environmental issues, similar to the delay to the Gorgon project a couple of years ago.

ahh i havent seen the news lately but i was involved in seismic work at the end of 2011 which is exploration in CSG!!i heard about the protests!! other option is perth,6 hr flight to thailand,im sure you could get as job there!! good luck

seek.com.au

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with Perth is the main Contractor in the area is KBR (Kellog Brown & Root) who I had a major falling out with on a project in Qatar 2 years ago and we did not part company on amicable terms.

There is the Ichthys LNG project which will be Engineered out of JGC Yokohama office where they are showing some interest in me. This week an interesting discussion started with an agent I was with on previous project, Pearl Oil Thailand are recruiting and he had a guy start on that project last Monday. The fact that I have my own Company in Thailand complete with my own Work Permit and Business Visa plus the fact the office is 20 minutes from home has raised the clients interest.

To be honest I have not really been looking too much for work since last June, I have been more pre occupied with resolving the ongoing divorce case, or should I say cases I never realised there were so many courthouses in Bangkok and I think I have been to half of them already, but that is in another thread.

Congrats on your backpayment from previous employee, I had a long and hard battle with UK HMRC and eventually got back just over GBP 23,500 about a year ago and HMRC had to pay my accountants fee's to boot, that was a good win.

Brisbane, which I'll admit I've not visited for a while, is probably my least favourite Australian City, sort of like the worst part of Melbourne with crazy one way streets.

It rained nearly as much as well but at least it was usually warm rain.

Archived