Aggressive Katoeys

bust

On my last trip spent most of my time on Soi4 and kind of get the feeling the katoeys are getting way more aggressive. Aslo found out the hard way they are becoming extremely competentnt pick-pockets. Half-tanked late one night on Soi 4 just near the Red Cross compound out "he" comes from behind the phone box. The entire incident took 2 seconds 3 at the most. Within that time my iphone 4 was gone.

!8 years and it only takes a split second with your guard down. Expensive lesson. Normally I would carry a cheap phone but I had left my MacBook in PNG so it was necessary for me to carry as I was waiting on emails re: contracts back there. I always carry in front pocket and walk with my hand in the pocket on my wallet and phone. Carelessly had put the phone in my back pocket and was eating a moo ping at the time.

But sitting at the "Bar of Corruption" night after night was disturbed at just how aggressive they are getting. They seem to be roaming in packs now and out the front of NP they are just a fucking nuisance. There is one guy the size of Brad Thorn (Rugby fans will understand) and looks plain evil. I just found you need to be aggressive back. I found silence and just pointing my finger at them seemed to get the message across.

What I don't understand is how openly the Police tolerate their behaviour. I would love to a clean-up ala Thaksin style. But don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

Found this interesting though. Recognize anyone here gentleman :rolleyes:

Incidently I never go to Pattaya

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bust, I apologise if I have the wrong BM, but I seem to recall that you were one of the harsher critics of my freewheeling lifestyle when I hit town in 2008. I accept that a lot of the criticisms were well founded, given that so many Farang are relieved of wallets, passports and personal possessions by various scumbag Thais, but I still think that 95% of the people I trusted were, at the time, trustworthy. What we don't know is whether Ms X has been told that her family are completely screwed unless she can come up with 30k baht in a hurry - I am under no illusions that Farang punters dont sit anywhere near family in the pecking order (not even sure if Farang husbands do ..). In hindsight, I was a lucky idiot, but as you have shown *anyone* can drop their guard - the same thing happened to me in Southern China, but it was my wallet instead of a phone. In Thailand and elsewhere, I've woken at midday with my pants on the floor, passport in my bag and my P4P accomplice waiting patiently for her commission - it could easily have been otherwise.

Getting back to the Katoeys, I agree that the only thing they understand is aggression - I'm convinced that their favoured targets are drunks and people who simply dont know how to react. I pushed one right into a bus stop after 'she' tried to corner me further up Suk at 2am (!), shouting 'Fuck off and leave me ALONE !' when her friend moved to intervene : it had the desired effect. As far as the morons in Pattaya, I wouldn't go anywhere near the Police over anything less than 10K baht - even then, I would be inclined to put it down to my own stupidity.

'Hey, lets smoke something that will make us drowsy and easy to rob while we fondle two ladyboys, a segment of the Thai population notorious for theft !' ....

(Boring story : back in 2008, one of my regulars told me that her friend had approached her about robbing me the next time I got drunk. Given that these two seemed to be about as close as I can recall any two working girls, this was a bit of a shock - why dob your mate in ? Ironically, much later found myself in a position where the original 'conspirator' could easily have screwed me over and she didn't : I fronted her with the story her friend had told me and she just shook her head. No denials, but she has lived with Farang for a long time and I think she knew there wasn't much point denying it - I got the distinct impression that there had been a discussion, but that the instigator had been my regular 'squeeze'. Actions speak louder than words, and I dont want to go into the circumstances that made me 'vulnerable', but I fully expected every other Thai woman in Bangkok to turn on me and she didn't, even on a night where there was no money or alcohol in it for her)

bust, I apologise if I have the wrong BM, but I seem to recall that you were one of the harsher critics of my freewheeling lifestyle when I hit town in 2008.

Not sure I would have been one of the "harsher critics" I generally save my sarcasm for the Americans....lol. You are and Aussie if my memory serves me correct. :beer:

Not sure I would have been one of the "harsher critics" I generally save my sarcasm for the Americans....lol. You are and Aussie if my memory serves me correct. :beer:

in patong i ventured onto bangla most nights as i had friends in certain bars to spend time with.

by now i hate bangla,cesspit of the world in places but fun in others.

the katoeys are everywhere and easily recognisable and easily avoided if i was approached but i just saw so many drunken men fall for their charms.

some of the soi's are now all katoey bars and at 2-4am the upper end of the street is wall to wall katoey and these ones are very aggressive at times.

luckily i have never been robbed by anyone as i never carry a phone/wallet and all my cash is just stuffed into my front pocket which does make it a little difficult to pay at times,but i find it safer.

but in my friends bar she had a katoey working and one of the nicest people i have ever met and for a while the only staff member to talk to me.

but thats a story in my FR's.

Sure, I've met individual Katoeys (and gay Thai men) who seem like reasonable human beings, but the 'packs' described in the OP's post are anything but 'reasonable' or 'human'. Stick's latest column makes reference to a large group of Thai guys lurking around Cowboy and getting into a fight with a Farang - imagine that lot in skirts and 8-inch heels and thats the sort of katoey that I remember from Soi 4. I admit that I havent seen anything on the scale of Brad Thorn (jesus ..), but they are impossibly tall, impossibly 'white' and routinely hurl the nastiest Thai insults at girls and punters alike.

Surprised that the cops have stopped their periodic raids on Nana - it always warmed my heart to see the girls laughing as the boys-in-brown chased their fleet-footed quarry, heels in hand, down Soi 4. Those smug, all-knowing smiles disappear very quickly when the hunters become the hunted.

I havent seen anything on the scale of Brad Thorn (jesus ..),

The Brad Thorn lookalike has dark skin and a set of the biggest implants I have ever seen. I have heard of them using the points of their 8" stilettos to bash people with. Any idea the damage a good whack to the back of the skull you could do with one of them?

I think if i was in a bar where the only person that would talk to me was a katoey I would consider changing bars.... :neener:

Archived