Cost Of Living In Los

pe7e

sure the AUD is always good for some depreciation (or in the area of floating exchange rates it's called E/R loss or whatever; actually who the fuck cares; how can you Aussies accept that your salary is paid in this junk currency! you are a bunch of gamblers! :neener:

Yep, and a hundred of our 'junk bills' will currently get you ~3300 baht, but I guess a billionaire like yourself wouldnt be interested in anything less than gold bullion, draped around your neck and dangling from your scrotum !

:neener::neener::neener:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yeahthat:

post of the year gobble... with a week to go we are getting $1.06, and 33+ baht. Was 22 baht on my first trip, how's that for a comparison....

At the moment I don't think there is a stable currency as such, the way the world is going... Just got to make the most of what we're dealt mate...

When ah were a lad, the Oz$ got you US$1.10. That was in another century though.

It was at 1.10 USD in June, 2011 and has threatened to climb that high again already this year. Before we slap ourselves too hard on the back, we need to bear in mind that we are talking about an awful lot of very freshly minted US dollars, and a printing press that must be groaning by now .... :stirthepo

It was at 1.10 USD in June, 2011 and has threatened to climb that high again already this year. Before we slap ourselves too hard on the back, we need to bear in mind that we are talking about an awful lot of very freshly minted US dollars, and a printing press that must be groaning by now ....

Asian hunger for Oz raw materials, that is what propels the Oz $.

There is nothinig else in that place (Oz) that deserves any attention, other than being an English speaking country in the Asia-Pacific theater.

Oz may become as irrelevant as Argentina, one of the founders of the "Group 20 Economic Powers" 50 years ago.

Self-centric places like Thai, with all the rights they may have, know that.

An average bar girl would have no clue.

I remember back in `97 (ish) when I got over 90 bt for each of my English pounds ( sigh )Dont think we will ever see anything like that again..... :banghead::closemouth:

the best i got was around 75bt for every english pound for a couple of years.

nowadays it's less then 50bt to the pound.

Archived