Cost Of Living In Los

pe7e

I have a colleague whose condo charges residents a flat rate of 5,000 for electricity and 2,000 for water. That is outright robbery! That is why you try to get your own bills and pay them yourself. My utilities in this big house are much less than what I had been paying in a modest 1-bedroom apartment.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is not robbery at all!

those bloody farang turn on their aircondition 24/7!

I had several times guests from your homecountry, Flashy, and they are the real aircondition aficionados of the world!

it added up each time at least 1000 THB additional per week stay for the one simple and small guest room!

and then your landlord knows that his tenants bring their shower hungry little whores back to their condos! "go shower" before the deed, after the deed, and between each round and that with how many catch of the days per week! a lot of water going down the drain for all those little whores taking advantage of the nice facilities.

2000 THB flat for water is a bargain, Flashy!

....and then your landlord knows that his tenants bring their shower hungry little whores back to their condos! "go shower" before the deed, after the deed, and between each round and that with how many catch of the days per week! a lot of water going down the drain for all those little whores taking advantage of the nice facilities.

2000 THB flat for water is a bargain, Flashy!

HT you're a sick fuck. :wanker:

fucking sickly will increase (ab)use of aircondition (the major source of extensive electricity bills) and other electrical appliances (fridge for storing your vitamin v to name at least) and water consumption for cleaning up the mess

fuckingly sick on the other side is ambivalent in its influence of utilities consumption. higher fever could make you turn off the aircondition while on the other side your desperate attempt to flush away your deseases with a lot of tea increases your water consumption

Reading the stuff about electricity and water is enlightening, and makes the 'all in' 11K I paid per month back in 2008 (the same room is now 12K) seem quite reasonable. I was in the heart of the action without being in a noisy part of the Soi - the walk to Carrefour was a bit of a drudge on hotter days, but mostly bearable, and walking back to Suk was a doddle. Emporium was an easy 'commute' via Wa Square, but my downfall was the bars and proximity to Cowboy.

Sure, you can go out to Ratchada and get a bigger apartment for less money, but the area itself seemed crazier than Soi 22 : narrow little streets jam-packed with traffic and Thais. For many here, that will be more 'authentic' than Suk, but it seemed like a madhouse for mine.

For all the lip service given to cheap longterm accomm in other parts of Asia, I suspect that you have to spend time walking the streets looking for handwritten ads with phone numbers - the internet abounds with 'luxury condos' costing 1K USD and up. Probably great for those on expat pay, but I doubt that too many others would pay for 6 months or more at that kind of money.

Gobbie is right about house hunting. Most Thais simply do not advertise. You have to look for place that look vacant and ask the neighbours. Condos, apartments and houses that are advertised invariably will be expensive, with the first couple of month's rent going to the agent as a commission. Finding a decent place to live can be a pain in the butt.

Gobbie is right about house hunting. Most Thais simply do not advertise. You have to look for place that look vacant and ask the neighbours. Condos, apartments and houses that are advertised invariably will be expensive, with the first couple of month's rent going to the agent as a commission. Finding a decent place to live can be a pain in the butt.

So true, when I came back to BKK in June homeless due to my darling soon to be ex wife it was a friend who found me an apartment [brand New] for 50% of what other expats are paying through agents in the same building.

Who you know and not what you know is so true in Thailand

Kong

Archived