Stunners Near Petchaburi Station ?

gobbledonk

I know Stick pops in from time to time, and I hope he wont mind me passing this tip on from his Weekly Column - interested to hear from anyone who has experience out that way. I dont think Petchaburi Pete posts any more, or if he even lives in that area - anyone ?

Bolding is mine. I dont know if 'more attractive than Suk' equates to 'stunners', but it made for a better post title ;)

If you're a naughty boy looking for a little adventure, take the underground to Petchaburi station around 11:30 PM, or later. Take exit #1 and walk north just a little to a road with railway tracks beside it. Late at night when the nearby massage parlours on Petchaburi, Rama 9 and Rachadapisek roads start to empty out, many of the girls head to this strip to look for a customer and from 11:30 onwards it's a happening place. The huge number of girls - we're talking hundreds and hundreds - sees an inundation of vendors who wheel along their carts and offer all sorts of tasty treats. Don't be put off by the fact that they are, it cannot be denied, street-walking prostitutes. For the most part these girls are much more attractive than most of what you find on Sukhumvit. Would I? You're asking the wrong guy. I don't do the wild thing with working girls. Odds are you won't have a problem if you do, but nonetheless, I'd suggest that you lock away your valuables and don't drink any drinks in her company and you should be just fine. Very few foreigners can be seen there, that is until the inclusion of this paragraph...!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Guess this is their new hangout. Most of these girls used to hang out at the Siam Hotel, and yes many of these girls are quite a bit more attractive (at least to me) than your average bg.

You might want to try out the Huay Kwang market at night as well. While the girls there may not be specifically looking for customers there are loads of MP girls there as well after around 2am.

Sanuk!

Nothing new about this - they have been hanging out there for a few years. Some days the police stop them - so it is hit and miss. And if your a farang walking then you stick out like a sore thumb, this is a drive by type of place - so get in a taxi and go - I would NOT recommend anyone walking from the underground station and then trying to size up a companion.

Thanks guys - interesting perspectives, and it sounds more like a Thai-only thing. Given that I'm often too lazy to walk from Soi 4 to Cowboy, I dont see myself going out there to witness the spectacle for myself. When I visited Jakarta, Ms Lovely had her brother take me to a similar 'drive-by' location packed with working girls (disparagingly referred to as 'the chicken' by Ms Lovely) but it was infested with some truly gruesome ladyboys who demanded money in exchange for dropping their panties in front of the car. Despite the fact that I hadn't actually asked for said showing. Big Brother just laughed and indicated how much I needed to give 'her' : stuff all in Aussie dollars, but I still resented being railroaded. It was only as we left that I realised just what a dark and forsaken place it was : weird the shit you can do when sober.

Like so much of Bangkok, I fear that Petchaburi will forever remain a mystery to me ;)

That has been there hangout for like 5 years or so! Old news ...

No problem - as I said, just passing it on. From memory, everyone who responded has lived in BKK for considerable time and would know a lot of things that holidaymakers like myself dont - I'm sure that is the spirit in which Stick passed it on, particularly as many of his readers only get to Thailand for 2-4 weeks a year. As I said before, it doesn't sound like the kind of experience I'd be going out of my way for, but some intrepid soul with enough Thai to get themselves into trouble might venture out there.

Nothing new about this - they have been hanging out there for a few years. Some days the police stop them - so it is hit and miss. And if your a farang walking then you stick out like a sore thumb, this is a drive by type of place - so get in a taxi and go - I would NOT recommend anyone walking from the underground station and then trying to size up a companion.

OK, I'll bite, why not ?

Thais running the show - aka pimps ? aggressive ladyboys ? threat of robbery from Thai men ?

How safe is lower Suk in the early hours or how far do you have to stray from the main path to find danger ? There is danger everywhere but I wondered why this place would be so bad ?

it is pretty dark in this street as there is no lighting at all. so you see bodies, but not faces! so those who claim that those girls are more attractive than other places, don't care about ugly faces if the body features attract, they must have sampled there quite a bit or are just repeating what they read somewhere else!

Regarding walking to this drive by place: it is probably not about safety, but I guess it is quite a bit a exposure as nobody else is walking around but dozens watch the scene from the anonimity of their cars. You also don't go as a punter in swimming trunks into Gogo's, do you?

Thai-style pickup places seem to be car oriented. Customers drive by to check out the pickings. A few hookers can be found loitering along the fence north of the BTS station at Mochit too. There must be numerous places like that. From what I've been told, the girls only go short-time. I've never seen any that interested me. They mostly seem to be near the end of their "use by" date. 

Archived