Earthquake, Storm And Flood Building Insurance

up2you2

My insurance broker has just informed me of the following:

Please note: All THAI Insurance companies have taken out EARTHQUAKE AND STORM DAMAGES and also FLOOD, according to their re-insurance companies.

In my personal opinion this is not a very wise idea, as Earthquake covers also Tsunami damages. So what do you pay premium for, if this all is not covered?

Does anybody know of a Thai insurance company that will still specifically provide EARTHQUAKE AND STORM DAMAGES and FLOOD damage, on their most recent or next renewal?

• 2 weeks later...

My insurance broker has just informed me of the following:

Please note: All THAI Insurance companies have taken out EARTHQUAKE AND STORM DAMAGES and also FLOOD, according to their re-insurance companies.

In my personal opinion this is not a very wise idea, as Earthquake covers also Tsunami damages. So what do you pay premium for, if this all is not covered?

Does anybody know of a Thai insurance company that will still specifically provide EARTHQUAKE AND STORM DAMAGES and FLOOD damage, on their most recent or next renewal?

After many enquires I finally found two companies that can help.

Chartis offers 20% of the sum insured for buildings against flood damage, whereas QBE will give you 100% cover.

Both companies will give you 100% cover against an earthquake and tsunami.

Archived