What Should I Be Asking For?

radioman

My comp[any has a project in Nigeria. I went twice in 2010 both times to Lagos. Not exactly fun but it wasn't too onerous. The second part is due to start in a couple of weeks. In Kano

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-16658493

Just wondering if I ought to be suggesting that they:

a. Need to reconsider

b. Need to pay me way much more

or maybe I should just be refusing to go.

Whaddya think?

Personally I would be asking for minimum EURO 150 / hour plus 25% danger money, secure accommodation with driver / bodyguard and business class flights.

In 2004 after the Yanbu Attack I was asked to go and complete the project, on the assumption of lightning does not strike twice and my "Don't give a shit" attitude I asked for USD 250 / hour and accommodation in Arabian Homes, the most secure compound in the area. They paid, I went, would I do it again? No way, I am not that desperate anymore.

Personally I would be asking for minimum EURO 150 / hour plus 25% danger money, secure accommodation with driver / bodyguard and business class flights.

In 2004 after the Yanbu Attack I was asked to go and complete the project, on the assumption of lightning does not strike twice and my "Don't give a shit" attitude I asked for USD 250 / hour and accommodation in Arabian Homes, the most secure compound in the area. They paid, I went, would I do it again? No way, I am not that desperate anymore.

Yesterday: 120 Nigerians killed by Islamist militants in Kano/ Nigeria.

BBC News

Well it's all gone away, at least for now. Planning a review in 2 to 3 months to see if we can go then. We'll see, not to many conflicts of this sort that I can remember that have got significantly better in a couple of months.

In the meantime I have an opportunity to visit...

Kenya, yippee.

Well yeah, maybe. Wonder if a Thai can get a visa easy. Thinking it might be fun to take in a safari and I know someone who would be oh so grateful :grinyes::hubbahubba: Real once in a lifetime stuff.

Archived