Phuket Camera

Redbaron

this place

seems to have the best prices going around for the lens I'm after but I can't seem to find an email address for them. My contact in Phuket has tried to call the number but it seems to be a fax (web says fax / phone).

Anyone dealt with them? They look 10% cheaper than Fotofile or other Camera retailers in the kingdom...

Wow, stoater of a lens and a healthy price, about 1800 quid in the UK. Heavy MF to. One of canon's best actually. :up:

I got the 70-300L last year, bought it from Digital Rev in HK so got it for less than a grand. Superb quality, although not fixed aperture, but relatively light and compact.

Yeah was in a quandary as to which lenses to buy - looked at the 70-300, the 200 f4 etc. Thought stuffit, may as well go for the daddy, the missus will never know if I buy in LOS.... :rolleyes:

We are in the same boat here regarding prices for lenses.

The Tamrons and Sigmas when they are on special are close to DigiRev/B&H/Adorama etc prices but Canons are ridiculous.

My 18-135 my local camera shop wanted $700 - I bought mine online for under $300

70-200 (2.8 IS II L) - $3000 locally, others around $2000

Also looking at maybe picking up the 24-105 which are around $1000 ($1500 down under).

Archived