Certainly Not The Best

sayjann

but after i got back to the UK i had x-rays of my chest and i had 2 cracked ribs from my 2nd falling off.

no treatment for cracked/broken ribs really and almost a month later it's still very uncomfortable at times.

just got to let things heal naturally.

Sayjann,

I know I have teased you once or twice on your postings but I mean this one.

Watch the ribs, busted ribs is not only painful, as you say there is nothing you can do about it except follow the natural healing course, but once they have been cracked they go again easy in the future with the slightest knock. I busted four ribs in a motorcycle accident about 30 years ago whilst racing, I dropped the bike and did what I had been taught "Have Accident away from Bike", as soon I knew I was off I tried to get as far away from the bike as possible, sky ground, sky ground, floor, but the freakin bike followed me and I caught the full force of the back wheel in my chest.

Resist the temptation of painkillers Dihydrocodeine is often prescribed, (DF-118) it is an opiate substitute and is often used in place of methadone to try to wean people off Heroine and is highly addictive. Stay away!

I have lost count of the number of times I have cracked mine since, last time was August last year totally innocuous, someone with a laptop over their shoulder on a crowded MRT turned around and it hit me square in the chest and I felt two ribs crack, not sure if it was audible to others on the train but I could hear it in my head, but hell I sure felt it. 5 months on I still have a slight twinge now and again, you learn to live with it.

Kong

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sayjann,

I know I have teased you once or twice on your postings but I mean this one.

Watch the ribs, busted ribs is not only painful, as you say there is nothing you can do about it except follow the natural healing course, but once they have been cracked they go again easy in the future with the slightest knock. I busted four ribs in a motorcycle accident about 30 years ago whilst racing, I dropped the bike and did what I had been taught "Have Accident away from Bike", as soon I knew I was off I tried to get as far away from the bike as possible, sky ground, sky ground, floor, but the freakin bike followed me and I caught the full force of the back wheel in my chest.

Resist the temptation of painkillers Dihydrocodeine is often prescribed, (DF-118) it is an opiate substitute and is often used in place of methadone to try to wean people off Heroine and is highly addictive. Stay away!

I have lost count of the number of times I have cracked mine since, last time was August last year totally innocuous, someone with a laptop over their shoulder on a crowded MRT turned around and it hit me square in the chest and I felt two ribs crack, not sure if it was audible to others on the train but I could hear it in my head, but hell I sure felt it. 5 months on I still have a slight twinge now and again, you learn to live with it.

Kong

i know a lot about the rib problem after working in an A/E and Fracture Clinic dept for close on 30 years.

luckily i only cracked a couple of ribs so not as bad as it could have been.

the problem is when i'm asleep,i twist and turn and obviously aggravate the situation and often wake up really sore but after moving carefully for a while the discomfort settles down.

but the funny thing is that i have only ever broken one bone in my body in my lifetime.

the little finger on my left hand and i've often heard old wives tales which i never took seriously.

but whenever it rains heavily my finger really throbs and can get quite painful.

i hope this won't happen with my ribs....

yeah - take it easy mate, can be painful (as you know) - try not to do anything to make 'em worse. Rest up.

take it easy?.........i've done nothing since for quite a while... :grinyes:

i'm enjoying watching DVD's/TV and doing sod all.... :tuxedo:

but i did exert myself today,walked the 5 minutes to my local shop,bought a lottery ticket/some tobacco and 2 bottles of Tiger beer.

having to carry the beer home was a hardship but i'm just reaping the benefits now.... :drinking:

take it easy?.........i've done nothing since for quite a while... :grinyes:

i'm enjoying watching DVD's/TV and doing sod all.... :tuxedo:

but i did exert myself today,walked the 5 minutes to my local shop,bought a lottery ticket/some tobacco and 2 bottles of Tiger beer.

having to carry the beer home was a hardship but i'm just reaping the benefits now.... :drinking:

Now if you could reap the benefit of the Lottery Ticket that would be a perfect Pain Killer

Now if you could reap the benefit of the Lottery Ticket that would be a perfect Pain Killer

when the lottery started,like a lot of people i played it every week.

but as the name says it's just a lottery and i now buy a ticket every once in a while and am not bothered about winning millions,just £50k-£100k would make me very happy.

Pretty easy to do in LOS. Pick an island if big cities aren't your thing. If you like relaxing, pretty much any island will do the job, or quieter coastal town/resort etc. Do a bit of research if P4P is on the agenda. I enjoyed Kanchanaburi, not a great deal to do when I was there but had a good laugh, and let's be honest, if there are farang around, there will always be a bar scene...

Archived