Jeans I Need To Invent ...

gobbledonk

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its only been on the last few trips that I've noted just how well one of my regulars protects her handbag, even when wai'ing. That said, I dont envy women having to carry such an obvious target around - another girl I knew used to carry everything, including her phone, in a tiny purse that was somehow jammed into skintight shorts : the bloody thing was like the Tardis, and seemed to contain all manner of currency :o

i think it was last September when i was sitting in a bar with my gal and as she played a game with another lady i moved her small bag to a place where it was well out of the way from anyone walking past.

when asked why i had done that i just explained that it prevented anyone walking past from snatching it and running off.

people were happy i had acted like that.

did'nt have the heart to tell them i was protecting my own interests,after all my ATM card and around 5000bt were in the bag.....

...if going on on the town i see no point in attracting attention to myself.

the locals soon know is drunk and who to target.

It's comments like these that I just don't get. :dunno:

If locals were targetting drunk farang to rob, then how come it has never happened to me? I've been drinking and getting drunk in the bars of SE Asia for the last 24 years, yet not once has anything like this happened to me, and I always carry my wallet and I always have a good wedge in my wallet. :confused:

Its only been on the last few trips that I've noted just how well one of my regulars protects her handbag, even when wai'ing. That said, I dont envy women having to carry such an obvious target around - another girl I knew used to carry everything, including her phone, in a tiny purse that was somehow jammed into skintight shorts : the bloody thing was like the Tardis, and seemed to contain all manner of currency :o

Her skintight shorts was like the Tardis ---- ?????????????? did you get photos ??? Interesting.

I suppose she stuffed all that different currency into all sorts of cracks and crevices too. An ATM on two feet.

I was advised by one lady not to carry my bag on my back when in a crowded street - always carry it in front of you. I suppose there is always the danger of someone using a Stanly knife and cutting a slit in the bottom of your bag and getting your camera or whatever out that way, unknown to you.

I saw advertised some years ago a security bag that couldn't be cut through - it was reinforced with some form of wire mesh. Might be useful to have too.

If locals were targetting drunk farang to rob, then how come it has never happened to me? I've been drinking and getting drunk in the bars of SE Asia for the last 24 years, yet not once has anything like this happened to me, and I always carry my wallet and I always have a good wedge in my wallet. :confused:

drunks are different.

my last trip i saw 2 falangs who were out of their heads and falling all the place much to the amusement of the thais,but a perfect example of maybe easily being robbed.

also i have seen falangs passed out on the pavement and so,so easy for anyone to just attempt to rob them.

there was some fella a month ago staying at my hotel who had got so drunk he could'nt make it to his room and crashed out on the sofa in reception.

he was still there around 5 hours later and as the reception area was open to the street and the night staff were a waste ot space he was open to robbery.

i have very clear ideas of the one and only times when i was robbed.

i know the policemen who stopped me on my very first night in thailand robbed me,i have no doubt about it.

as i say drunks are different,your tolerance for alcohol might be much higher then mine...i'm a lightweight.

i just see no point in advertising that you are carrying valuables.

i have no need for a phone in thailand,so don't take one and i just carry enough money to last me for a a few hours.

if i spend more then around 2500bt a night then i am heartbroken..

We're all different, however I would feel much more secure with my ATM card and my cash in my own pocket rather than in some BG's handbag! :up:

it's trust.

i prefer a regular lady these days and easier for me to let them look after it.

the BG will protect her handbag much more carefully then i can manage if and when i go over the top and have no idea where i am/was/am going.

I don’t get it either. It seems to be a symptom of the “us versus them†farang paranoia syndrome that many, including some expats, have.

I blame stickman for much of that.

TH

it's trust.

i prefer a regular lady these days and easier for me to let them look after it.

the BG will protect her handbag much more carefully then i can manage if and when i go over the top and have no idea where i am/was/am going.

So how did you manage on your last trip when you didn't have a "regular lady"? :hmmm:

Also when does a BG become a "regular lady" for you, i.e., after how many nights together do you decide that she can carry your ATM and cash, one night, two nights,...? :dunno:

Archived