Good Health Might Be Its Own Reward ...

gobbledonk

I've been bitching about the joys of growing old lately, particularly the odd day where my back gives me curry, but when I started looking around online I staggered into a real rats nest of people who were addicted to prescription pain-killers and others who claimed they just couldn't get them from their doctors despite allegedly being in chronic pain. I know KS frowns on any discussion of recreational substances, but all I can say is that some of these cases made me happy that my only problem is the aforesaid back twinges. Some people seem to be completely fucked up - mentally and physically - well before they hit 50. Beats me why they want to keep going : I know that is defeatist, but even relatively mild pain can put some very dark thoughts in my tiny mind.

Some folk are just mentally very tough I guess, and I aint one of em. :doah:

well done Gobbie! the correct diagnosis is the prerequisite for a successful cure! :applause:

Riiight - the correct diagnosis in this case being that I'm as weak as American 'beer', am I right ? That I need to man up and take off this frock, stop pestering sailors fresh off the boat, and generally turn my pathetic life around ? :stirthepo

Thanks for the pep talk ! :neener:

So are you taking recreational substances for your bad back?

I'm not sure what you meant in the OP.

Pain management is a fairly complex issue and quite a few factors can be involved, not all of them drug related.

I'm not taking a damned thing - when the back spasms kicked in about 12 months back, I tried various off-the-shelf jobbies, but none of it really seemed to do a great deal and I read something about the possibility of liver damage, so I stopped. The sedatives seem attractive when I have insomnia, but again they have so many downsides that I wont touch them. My initial post was just a comment on the number of people out there who are flatout hooked on serious opiates etc, and many are people with no prior interest in such things. When you wake up in that much pain, and its going to be a constant in your life, I have to question whether its worth waking up - glass more than half empty, I guess.

I had a mate from Chonburi up here over the weekend and he went into one of the little massage places in town that I always thought were fairly basic rub and tug establishments.

He had serious upper thigh/lower back pain and came out after an hour skipping like a spring lamb.

He said he was even offered a partial refund when he declined the "optional extra" that was apparently included in the price. :huh:

I've felt good after a massage, but it usually doesnt last more than a day. I have also felt worse (!) after one or two so-called massages. If I want someone to rub my dick, I tend to consult an expert in that field - one of whom does work in an establishment like the one above during the day, moonlighting when the, er, moon comes out.

I had a mate from Chonburi up here over the weekend and he went into one of the little massage places in town that I always thought were fairly basic rub and tug establishments.

He had serious upper thigh/lower back pain and came out after an hour skipping like a spring lamb.

He said he was even offered a partial refund when he declined the "optional extra" that was apparently included in the price. :huh:

The first time I was in Thailand, it was for a seminar. Several guys attending the seminar were getting Thai massages daily instead of eating lunch. It took me a couple of trips to work myself up to trying it. Now I'm hooked. A good Thai massage is GOOD for me. (And I'm just getting straight massage, no "happy endings", no extras.)

Archived