Certainly Not The Best

sayjann

flew to BKK and late getting in and a rush to get to my check-in for the China Airways/Airlines(i forget which name) and i just asked a question which i normally ask and surprised.

it seems that my luggage would not be sent through to my final destination(Heathrow) and i would have to retrieve it in Shanghai and then check in again for the flight from Shanghai to London.

this surprised me as i have always been used to my luggage going all the way to my final destination.

flew the 4 odd hours to shanghai and had a moment of panic,i had lost my passport.... :yikes:

i realised as i left the plane and quickly informed the the attendants and waited for them to investigate and within 5 minutes my passport was found on the floor by my seat and returned to me,i was so thankful.

but while i was waiting i had noticed how cold it was..........:sad:

found my way to the corousels and waited at the one that indicated my flight and waited and waited,but my suitcase did not appear.......... :mad::cussing:

walked around looking for someone to ask questions off and a nightmare,no fucker in sight and i just wandered up and down.

finally i saw a desk which said something about lost luggage and i finally spoke to a young lady after she ignored me for a while and i explained the situation and showed her my boarding pass.

as she was playing with the computer i looked at the pile of luggage brhind the desk and saw my suitcase.

pointed it out and she looked at the label on my suitcase and told me it was mine.

i questioned the fact that it was'nt on the carousel and was informed that it was normal practise for the luggage to be off-loaded and left at that particular desk.

why the fuck was i never told that in the first place.... :dunno:

would have never had the stress of looking for my luggage..... :banghead:

but i now had a problem,i had to look after my suitcase alnight and that is a real pain.

but the terminal was jam packed with people waiting for morning flights.

i was lucky that being a smoker i could just go outside and have a ciggie anytime but a pain having to drag my suitcase about with me all over the place.

but it was so cold outside with a wicked wind which really chilled the bones and i tried to find a place out of the wind.

by now every food/drink outlet was closed and i just wanted a hot drink as even though the weather was cold the A/C was on and it was so cold in the terminal.

wandered about for a while and eventually for somewhere to lay down and try and get a bit of sleep.

but so cold and i could'nt settle and had to stay up most of the night.

thankfully the woollen scarf giving to me by a lady came into good use as i wrapped it around my neck/face to keep warm.

but i felt sorry for many tourists in transit as they had t-shirts and shorts and were certainly feeling the cold.

but the chinese certainly aware of the weather,many fast asleep in sleeping bags or wearing heavy winter clothing.

a very long and uncomfortable night.

eventually a coffee shop opened at 7am and thanks to 2 lovely ladies i soon warmed up,gave me a blanket to warm myself up with while i just held onto the cup to warm my hands up.

5 coffees later i went to check in my luggage for the flight to Heathrow and another problem came up.

my luggage was taken away and i was informed i had to be interviewed by security.

it seems during the x-ray a lighter had been seen and i had to get it out and give it up.

stupid thing is that i had 2 lighters in my jean pockets which they never saw.

anyway,finally on the plane to Heathrow and the food looked looked wonderful but my mouth ulcers made it difficult to eat and i just tasted a little and then dozed for the 12 hour to Heathrow.

but one thing really pissed me off,no hot drinks available on the flight.. :shakehead

but i was really impressed with the flight staff,they were really good and very attentative to their passengers requests.

and they had probably the best uniforms i have ever seen,so smart.

landed at Heathrow and even more problems with the stupid british transport system.

took me an age to get a ticket back to my home(i fucking hate Heathrow).

it takes a bus/train/taxi to get back to my home and when i did i was so tired........straight to bed and sleep.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another interesting post Sayjann. :up:

Can I ask what your nationality is (I know you worked in England), because the way you write English is clearly not the way an English person would write. Perhaps you are from Eastern Europe or maybe Birmingham? :dunno:

i write my posts so that a scotch person can understand.... :hubbahubba:

You Pee'd a lot?

Coffee does that to me!

Sad t be back? Any idea when your next trip will be?

i'll be back late May.

and in a last tale of my last trip i will finish.

a bad trip due to illness and bad times with the girl i returned to see.

i will go to her bar and see if she is still around,after all the ladies come and go quite frequently.

inbetween my trips to see her she was mailing me 3-4 times a day,but i have not heard anything from her since i returned and i will not mail her...up to her.

i'll go to her bar and see what happens,i like her and would be happy to be with her for my trip but if she snubs me again then she's history.

her old bar has some good looking ladies and i might make that bar my regular place,and i know word will get back to her and she will be pissed off if i take ladies from there.

but her choice.

i'll be back late May.

i will go to her bar and see if she is still around,after all the ladies come and go quite frequently.

inbetween my trips to see her she was mailing me 3-4 times a day,but i have not heard anything from her since i returned and i will not mail her...up to her.

i'll go to her bar and see what happens,i like her and would be happy to be with her for my trip but if she snubs me again then she's history.

her old bar has some good looking ladies and i might make that bar my regular place,and i know word will get back to her and she will be pissed off if i take ladies from there.

but her choice.

She IS snubbing you. You are setting your next trip up for another bad one. Cut your losses and don't have any thoughts of returning to her bar again. She'll know when you are in town and if she wants to see you, she will find you. The bargirl telegraph works waaaay better than you can imagine.

My advice from experience, forget her and even if she wants to see you, forget her anyway.

Archived