Certainly Not The Best

sayjann

Well I for one have enjoyed reading Sayjann's chronicled trip report immensely, and I am truly grateful to him for posting so much and with such generous probity. His observations and musings transcend the mundane, in my opinion, by foregrounding it; beyond the minutiae we can (or at least I am able to) empathize with his wonder at things as they seem and things as we want them to be and things as they truly are, as we watch through a wide open window into his soul. It's a troubled place, and I think it shows guts and warmth that he's prepared to let us in there. I tip my trilby to him and wish him the best of luck in everything. I feel honoured to have been allowed to share his trip and travails and torments.

None of us is perfect. This board would not exist if we all were, or would be a very different and much more boring place. There are real characters here, friends we've often never met, but we feel we know these kindred questers. People have praised my scribblings on here, but I am full of shit compared to the honest vulnerable heart that Sayjann has bared to us on here.

Thanks mate. You're a f*cking good bloke and what you've written means a lot to me.

jack :help:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived