Whitney Houston Dead!

Horneytorney

I just checked and it's true. :(

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Whitney Houston, who ruled as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, erratic behavior and a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown, died Saturday. She was 48.

Beverly Hills police Lt. Mark Rosen told reporters outside the Beverly Hilton that Houston was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m. in her room on the fourth floor of the hotel. Her body remained there and Beverly Hills detectives were investigating.

"There were no obvious signs of any criminal intent," Rosen said.

Houston's publicist, Kristen Foster, said the cause of death was unknown.

Rosen said police received a 911 call from hotel security about Houston at 3:43 p.m. Saturday. Paramedics who were already at the hotel because of a Grammy party unsuccessfully tried to resuscitate the singer, he said.

And guess who immediately has to get into the act ...

<< The Rev. Al Sharpton said he would call for a national prayer Sunday morning during a service at Second Baptist Church in Los Angeles. >>

My link

<< But by the end of her career, Houston became a stunning cautionary tale of the toll of drug use. Her album sales plummeted and the hits stopped coming; her once serene image was shattered by a wild demeanor and bizarre public appearances. She confessed to abusing cocaine, marijuana and pills, and her once pristine voice became raspy and hoarse, unable to hit the high notes as she had during her prime. >>

I remember how she seemed to be the perfect lady. Then suddenly she began going down hill fast. :(

<< But by the end of her career, Houston became a stunning cautionary tale of the toll of drug use. Her album sales plummeted and the hits stopped coming; her once serene image was shattered by a wild demeanor and bizarre public appearances. She confessed to abusing cocaine, marijuana and pills, and her once pristine voice became raspy and hoarse, unable to hit the high notes as she had during her prime. >>

I remember how she seemed to be the perfect lady. Then suddenly she began going down hill fast. :(

I never liked her music, it was too kitch for me. Nevertheless she was probably the best singer of her generation and she was a real beauty, albeit her public image was as clean and asexual as it could be (like from a toothpaste advert).

But everything went downhill in the 1990s, an abusive, drug addicted husband and herself a hardcore drug addict (cocaine, crack, alcohol and more). The drugs destroyed her voice as well as her beauty. Her comeback in the past years was mostly a disaster and it seems that she never became totally clean.

R.I.P.

I am sad, not because she's dead, people die every day.

But because now we'll have endless promotion of that song "I will always love you" and endless replays of "The Bodyguard" both worth consuming once, back then when they were produced, no place for them in the 21st Century.

Archived