Status Of Washington Square Bars

The_Munchmaster

It's in Pattaya. Wife and I were on Walking street, down by the soi that has the Euro dancers upstairs. Look to your left side on that side soi and you will see her with that sign.

My wife took a pic of her with me standing next to the girl holding the sign.

I then sent it to some friends in the states letting them know they are missing the fun

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I hate that Asoke Intersection : whether I need to get to Cowboy, Nana or back to Soi 22, I always seem to find myself waiting for '300' seconds for the traffic to stop, only to be forced to deal with Kamikaze bike riders who dont give a rat's arse that pedestrians have about 3 seconds to cross that monster crossing before the *running* green man changes to a flashing red man. I know - take the Skytrain - but a pedestrian overpass that linked the Cowboy side of the intersection with Asoke BTS station would be a godsend. Dreams are free, I guess.

OK, as far as I know this is the status of the bars in Washington Square (they’re listed in order, if entering from Suk Road and walking clockwise around the square).

•  
  • Silver Dollar CLOSED
  • Texas Lone Star CLOSED
  • The Cats Meow CLOSED
  • Wild Country CLOSED
  • Bourbon Street CLOSED
  • 52 Bar
  • The Prince of Wales
  • Hare & Hound
  • New Square One Pub (Taffy’s Hairy Pie Club)
  • Dennys Corner Bar
  • The Puss-Inn Pub
  • Cheers Pub
  • Happy Pub
  • The Sportsman Bar & Restaurant
  • Dubliner

Can anyone update the above?

PS A mate of mine tells me that he and some of the other WS regulars have been drinking in the Easy Bar (next to the Hare & Hound) but I’m not aware of this bar. :dunno: Anyone know it?

Well, if you started walking clockwise, then I'd say maybe you arrived about fifteen minutes too early... If going counter-clockwise, you were a good hour or more too late!

YimSiam

Man, I hate that Asoke Intersection : whether I need to get to Cowboy, Nana or back to Soi 22, I always seem to find myself waiting for '300' seconds for the traffic to stop, only to be forced to deal with Kamikaze bike riders who dont give a rat's arse that pedestrians have about 3 seconds to cross that monster crossing before the *running* green man changes to a flashing red man. I know - take the Skytrain - but a pedestrian overpass that linked the Cowboy side of the intersection with Asoke BTS station would be a godsend. Dreams are free, I guess.

The connection to the Asok BTS station to the Interchange Tower and sidewalk in front of it (that would be how to get to Cowboy) was completed early last year. You can now get to all four corners of the intersection from the station.

TH