Status Of Washington Square Bars

The_Munchmaster

Ah, Happy Pub. Used to visit often some years ago - around 2005, I guess. Had a regular there - but for the life of me, that's the sum total of what I can remember about her! No name, no image, just that she was from Happy Pub, and had a kind of happy demeanor - although probably I'm just conflating the name of the bar with the attitude of the girl. Fond memories - kind of.

YimSiam

• 2 months later...

I arrived on Tuesday morning and after a kip wandered through Washington Square to the Dubliner (just in time to see the last 20 minutes of Scotlands 9 - 6 rugby win over Australia).

Sad to see WS looking even more run down than usual with the bars that have already closed gutted and about half of the side that the Silver Dollar was on demolished.

Spoke to Dave at the Hare & Hound and he has until the end of July. I enquired if he was going to reopen anywhere else, however as expected he's going to move back upcountry.

so what about the other bars? still any other there?

where did the ones that already closed move to?

The status still seems to be the same as I posted on 4 April, i.e., 52 Bar, Hare & Hound, Easy Bar, New Square One Pub, Dennys Corner Bar, The Sportsman Bar & Restaurant and Dubliner are still open.

Cheers has reopened in the Regency Park Hotel on Soi 22 (left side of entrance).

• 1 month later...

For those who haven't been there for a while here are a few pics of how WS now looks.

WS1.jpg

The Silver Dollar was in the 2nd and 3rd units on the left

WS3.jpg

The Texas Lonestar, Wild Country and Cats Meow used to be here

WS5.jpg

Demolition almost reaches Bourbon Street

WS2.jpg

Former locations of Cheers Pub, Happy Pub and The Puss-Inn Pub

Thanks Munchy. Will be interesting to see whether rents/prices go up in Soi 22 once that garagantuan development is completed. They were still doing the foundations for that monster on the corner when I last saw it - directly across the road from what must surely be Thailand's smallest beer bar. 4 customers and the girls literally have nowhere to sit - not to mention that its in full view of every passing cop in need of tea money.

Thanks Munchy. Will be interesting to see whether rents/prices go up in Soi 22 once that garagantuan development is completed. They were still doing the foundations for that monster on the corner when I last saw it - directly across the road from what must surely be Thailand's smallest beer bar. 4 customers and the girls literally have nowhere to sit - not to mention that its in full view of every passing cop in need of tea money.

do you mean corner of Soi 22 and Sukhumvit? That would be the new Holiday Inn. And the small bar across the street is Angel Bar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c-1LA6ZB6c

Washington Square is 200 meters up Soi 22