Status Of Washington Square Bars

The_Munchmaster

The connection to the Asok BTS station to the Interchange Tower and sidewalk in front of it (that would be how to get to Cowboy) was completed early last year. You can now get to all four corners of the intersection from the station.

TH

I must have missed that when I was in town in April. How do you get to the southeast corner from the northeast (Soi Cowboy) corner?

I've been crossing under Asoke on the north side, to get to the Skytrain, for years. Crossing Asoke on the south (even-numbered soi) side is relatively painless, but about the only occasion I've had to do that was walking from Los Cabos to Soi Cowboy.

Walked through WS on Friday evening, but for the big sportsbar place, former katoey show place, in the middle it's just a building site now, MM's pictures tell it how it is. Well more a demolition site at the moment as they tear stuff down.

Is it slated to be a hotel? Big farking area, The new Holiday Inn on the corner of Soi 22 occupies less than about a quarter of the WS demolition site.

How about the rest of the Sukhumvit and Soi 22 properties bordering that lot? Will they stay or go in short order now that the work has started.

through the subwaystation, man! you can't miss it!

From memory: I go down the escalators from the Soi Cowboy side of Asoke, and I'm looking West, going under Asoke, toward lower Sukhumvit. The subway station proper extends off to the North. There didn't USED to be a way to go South. There was a secondary corridor on the South side, going West, that seemed to end quickly, but I've never really looked. Are you saying they've cut another tunnel and opened a portal to the South, to cross under Sukhumvit?

From memory: I go down the escalators from the Soi Cowboy side of Asoke, and I'm looking West, going under Asoke, toward lower Sukhumvit. The subway station proper extends off to the North. There didn't USED to be a way to go South. There was a secondary corridor on the South side, going West, that seemed to end quickly, but I've never really looked. Are you saying they've cut another tunnel and opened a portal to the South, to cross under Sukhumvit?

No - you cannot cross Sukhumvit underneath the roads, you can only use the Skywalk to cross Sukhumvit.

No - you cannot cross Sukhumvit underneath the roads, you can only use the Skywalk to cross Sukhumvit.

FFS - I had this same 'discussion' with several here months ago and was told that I can cross from the Soi 22 side of Asok to the Cowboy side via a magical subway entrance.