Status Of Washington Square Bars

The_Munchmaster

he did not cross yet! he just asked for advise how to cross safely, either overpass or underground...

someone should propose to the city planer to build a new washington square underground of Suk/Asoke intersection with entrances from all 4 corners...

(then we could also get back to the original topic of the thread!)

i don't see the problem in question?.

can you not walk across the road without the use of overpasses/underpasses?.

I want to go further -

My link

All cities have underground tunnels and caves, but St. Paul has more than most. Underneath most of downtown St. Paul is a labyrinth of man-made tunnels dating back to the 1840s, in places five stories deep. An abundance of natural caves in the Mississippi River gorge have been used and added to for legal and illegal activities for centuries.

Bring that on. 35deg C outside, 20 deg in my underground 'pleasure palace' :evilpumpkin:

(of course, it will have to be extremely well-drained down there ...)

The crossing Mekong refers to near Soi 22 is particularly hairy - the traffic is often belting down Suk at that point, having just waited for 300 seconds at the dreadded Asok intersection. Dont even get me started on the kamikaze motorbike riders ......

Reading this I wonder how I managed to survive my last holiday, since my hotel was across Suk Road, opposite to the SC side. relieved.gifgrinyes.gif

of course you can walk across the road without the use of overpasses/underpasses, but that would be considered unsafe, even you have a green light! :surprised:

always crosss the road in BKK,dangerous at times as i take my lead from the locals and wait and go with them on mass.

not to say that that they have good road sense but the traffic does stop when the road is blocked by many people walking across.

Phuket is much more civilised,while i never trust motorbikes to stop the vehicles with 4 or more wheels tend to be rather good at letting people cross,but i concede the traffic in BKK if far more busy then HKT.

but easier if you know where to cross,many safe places and you just need to quicken your pace a little sometimes.

but the drivers are pretty good at slowing down to let you cross and i always make a point of making a gesture of thanks.

• 1 month later...

Since the demise last night of the Dubliner,

• Silver Dollar CLOSED

• Texas Lone Star CLOSED

• The Cats Meow CLOSED

• Wild Country CLOSED

• Bourbon Street CLOSED

• 52 Bar CLOSED

• The Prince of Wales CLOSED

• Hare & Hound

• Easy Pub

• New Square One Pub (Taffy’s Hairy Pie Club)

• Streetwalk Bar

• Dennys Corner Bar

• The Puss-Inn Pub CLOSED

• Cheers Pub CLOSED

• Happy Pub CLOSED

• The Sportsman Bar & Restaurant

• Dubliner CLOSED

Added the Streetwalk Bar, which is opposite Dennys on the other side of the entrance to WS. Didn't include it before but now that it's got a few girls it can be quite lively and stays open as long as it has customers.

I've also noticed this trip and last that Dennys is also pretty busy most nights and again stays open late.

always crosss the road in BKK,dangerous at times as i take my lead from the locals and wait and go with them on mass.

not to say that that they have good road sense but the traffic does stop when the road is blocked by many people walking across.

Phuket is much more civilised,while i never trust motorbikes to stop the vehicles with 4 or more wheels tend to be rather good at letting people cross,but i concede the traffic in BKK if far more busy then HKT.

but easier if you know where to cross,many safe places and you just need to quicken your pace a little sometimes.

but the drivers are pretty good at slowing down to let you cross and i always make a point of making a gesture of thanks.

I reckon crossing the road is one of the most dangerous activities - Pattaya glahng has few places where its safe to cross and no central traffic islands where a pedestrian can take refuge from the traffic which has increased massively over the years.Second road can be very dodgy also with motorcys using it like a race track :redflag:

Denny's attracts the airline crowd that I think stay at the Imperial just down the soi. Beware the large female farang FA's that get in their occasionally. The boss lady, Som, also now has the place across the street in the Regency Park??? Place used to be Pickles, now called, er, Som's. Good food and the girls will fetch it for you if you want to dine at Denny's.

It might be open air but the atmosphere at Denny's seems more pub than bar, YMMV.