Status Of Washington Square Bars

The_Munchmaster

I've heard that the Hare and Hound will have its last day of business this coming Saturday (22 September).

I've also heard that Easy Pub, which is next door to the Hare and Hound, has a lease until January!

And having just read Stickmans column it would appear that the last day of business for The Sportsman Bar & Restaurant will be this coming Sunday (23 September).

Sneer at you every time you glance at a Thai girl...

It has never bothered me - confronted an Australian girl openly staring at me with my Tilac in a Pattaya baht bus back in 2002, and we ended up laughing about the whole thing. It could have gone the other way, but I sensed that she wasnt that drunk : either way, I don't just sit there and take it. The women here have become even more feral in the last 10 years - particularly where alcohol is concerned. Thankfully, I wont have to put up with them much longer.

• 3 weeks later...

did a walk through WS or better what is left of it last night...

only Easy Pub and Square One are still open but both were completely empty, no guests, no girls and then the two open air bars at the entrance from Soi 22

they already demolished the houses from former Silver Dollar to Cat's Meow

Happy Pub reopened at Soi 22 close to the entrance to WS beside Denny's corner and a massage shop; it is now even smaller and has a handfull of new girls but not to the better; there seem to be more and more bars along Soi 22

also noticed a lot of Indians in Soi 22

Other than having to dodge them on the narrow footpaths, I've never had a problem with the Indians - or Arabs - that stay in the big hotels in and around Soi 22. Didn't enjoy one of the little buggers trying to lowball one of the Filis I was with in KL last year, but he scurried off when he realised she wasnt interested in negotiating. KL isnt the first place I'd go if I was looking for cheap sex.

Given what you have to negotiate these days on the lower part of Sukhumvit I think 22 is relatively pleasant. In so far as any inner city red light slum tourist attraction ever could be. I will be strolling that very soi this coming Friday, er tomorrow.

Given what you have to negotiate these days on the lower part of Sukhumvit I think 22 is relatively pleasant. In so far as any inner city red light slum tourist attraction ever could be. I will be strolling that very soi this coming Friday, er tomorrow.

give my best regards to Khun Mallee in the new Happy Pub; she was already sleeping when I dropped by recently.

tell her it is from Somchai...she will then know who I am