Renting A Shipping Container?

Lusty

I'd agree that the jet ski would be pushing it but the harley is allowed, as long as my wife will have owned it for at least 2 years before shipping it. Multiple particular items would be taxed as normal, so 1 motorcycle would be OK but not 2 or 3, as would one table saw but not several of them or multiple ovens, refrigerators, etc. Cars (and I assume boats) would be taxed at the normal rate, even if it was only one being shipped.

Any idea what the costs are for moving all possessions and personal effects in a shipping container from the UK to Thailand would be,and what formalities are required to release the container from the docks in Thailand?

Would be nice to hear from anyone who has done this from any part of the world.

Thanx in advance.

Hi Russ, just shipped 5 x 30kg tea chest sized boxes door to door from uk with anglo/pacific cost around £360 had to give itemized contents put it in gfs name,took about 10 weeks to arrive and had to pay 500bht tea money for customs. seven seas shipping offered a slightly reduced price but there boxes where slightly smaller ,just shipped a set of 15 inch alloys for my motor I bought off ebay for £34 lol

Guest lazyphil

I don't think Angry Meekong Catfish and 200kg River Stingray lend themselves to pole and elastic tactics Phil!

:elephant::surprised: ....this is true....i doubt they're interested in casters either!!!

Archived