Sign in to follow this  
Horneytorney

Manila And Angeles Update

will soon go to the Philippines for business and intend also to spend some time for R&R

haven't been there for 4 years

any update? business as usual?

recommendations?

I was thinking about going to Subic bay/angeles but .... the pics I see on the forums are not attractive and I read that the EWR fee has been going up to 3000 pesos in some of the newer places. I dunno :dunno: You get more for the dollar in Pattaya IMHO.

Subic is good, plenty of fun to be had.

In Manila only stayed at Ermita and went to G-Point (relaxed atmosphere), within walking distance from the CBH (Cherry Blossom Hotel), MCB/LA cafe (meat market) is also nearby. Robinsons is 50 meters away from CBH.

All in all good.

HT, your trip report will be the most current and comprehensive of anything I've seen on that part of the world. Sadly, the photos I've seen of AC leave me cold - might be very different inside the clubs etc. The pool parties look OK, but I dont know how often that happens.

In the next day or two planning to go the Phllipines for the first time. Going to Angeles City. Not sure what to expect. Heard many things, plan to play it safe. Weaning myself off Pattaya. Gonna do some research on best way to get to AC from the air port, lodgings and bars/clubs to go to.

Thanks Flash, I'll be a complete PI newbie. Basically looking to see the best (and safest) way to get to AC. Decent place to stay, safe, near the belly of the beast if that's best and an idea of prices. I am NOT going to venture too far from the reservation. After I get to know my way around perhaps later trips if I do go.

I'll go to Phillipines Addicts to get details.