Hello From The States - Miss Y'all!

New Petchburi Pete

I am sure most of you who knew me, remember me as 'New Petchburi Pete.' I'm originally from the Boston area and moved to retire and live in Bangkok. I married a fantastic young Thai gal from Chaiyaphum there in 2001, had a terrific son and then we moved to East Pattaya in 2005.

After being diagnosed with a chronic type of leukemia we relocated back to the United States in Dec. of 2009.

Well, my health struggles continue but I am surviving and want to say hello. We miss Thailand but love the USA.

We moved from the frozen North where we didn't feel quite welcome and accepted just before Halloween to Raleigh in the great state of North Carolina. There is tremendous racial, cultural and ethnic diversity here; and, we truly feel accepted here. Just about all whom we meet or encounter are very friendly and kind. We feel like we fit right in and genuinely appreciate the 'Southern hospitality' of the folks here. We definitely chose the right state to move to.

We just bought a 4 bedroom home that we'll be moving into next week. We were able to purchase through a government program that allowed my wife with Permanent Legal Resident status to be listed as a co-applicant/co-owner. Our new home is in a small, peaceful town just 15 minutes from downtown Raleigh.

My wife is now just ten months from taking the exam to become an American citizen. This is what she always told me she dreamed of.

We miss Thailand and I especially miss the members of the board(s) I came to know. Thanks to Skype, etc., my wife is able to communicate on a daily basis with family members in Thailand.

If all goes well we shall return to visit in a couple of years. I know this is a very brief summary, but I wanted to say hello and let all know how we are doing and that we are thinking of you.

Enjoy the good life over there and understand that if you ever desire to return to the West with a Thai wife, kids, etc. the transition is possible.

Chok dee kup.

Pete

I am sure most of you who knew me, remember me as 'New Petchburi Pete.' I'm originally from the Boston area and moved to retire and live in Bangkok. I married a fantastic young Thai gal from Chaiyaphum there in 2001, had a terrific son and then we moved to East Pattaya in 2005.

After being diagnosed with a chronic type of leukemia we relocated back to the United States in Dec. of 2009.

Well, my health struggles continue but I am surviving and want to say hello. We miss Thailand but love the USA.

We moved from the frozen North where we didn't feel quite welcome and accepted just before Halloween to Raleigh in the great state of North Carolina. There is tremendous racial, cultural and ethnic diversity here; and, we truly feel accepted here. Just about all whom we meet or encounter are very friendly and kind. We feel like we fit right in and genuinely appreciate the 'Southern hospitality' of the folks here. We definitely chose the right state to move to.

We just bought a 4 bedroom home that we'll be moving into next week. We were able to purchase through a government program that allowed my wife with Permanent Legal Resident status to be listed as a co-applicant/co-owner. Our new home is in a small, peaceful town just 15 minutes from downtown Raleigh.

My wife is now just ten months from taking the exam to become an American citizen. This is what she always told me she dreamed of.

We miss Thailand and I especially miss the members of the board(s) I came to know. Thanks to Skype, etc., my wife is able to communicate on a daily basis with family members in Thailand.

If all goes well we shall return to visit in a couple of years. I know this is a very brief summary, but I wanted to say hello and let all know how we are doing and that we are thinking of you.

Enjoy the good life over there and understand that if you ever desire to return to the West with a Thai wife, kids, etc. the transition is possible.

Chok dee kup.

Pete

:wave:

hi-ya Pete,i remember you from many years ago.

sorry to hear of your illness but glad you are happy with your lady and wishing you well.... :beer:

Still remember your wife when she was pregnant , we met with some boardmembers in a place Soi 4 , when could this have been ?

Good luck to you and your wife, Pete. Glad to see you are still around and doing okay. Been a long time since we've heard from you. Hope you do well in the new state. Sounds nice.

Cent

Archived