A Dutch Pancake House In Bkk

khunsanuk

Hi,

Followed an ad to a website for a Dutch pancake restaurant in Bangkok. Very happy about this and intend to check it out ASAP.

The place is called PeterPancake and is located on Thonglor. The place doesn't look that nice (most definitely does NOT fit what a pancake restaurant should look like), but the food looks quite decent. No idea about pricing as not mentioned on the website.

The website is here, btw: www.peterpancakebkk.com

If anyone makes it there before me, or has been already, I would love to hear your opinion of the place.

Sanuk!

Guest lazyphil

Hi,

Followed an ad to a website for a Dutch pancake restaurant in Bangkok. Very happy about this and intend to check it out ASAP.

The place is called PeterPancake and is located on Thonglor. The place doesn't look that nice (most definitely does NOT fit what a pancake restaurant should look like), but the food looks quite decent. No idea about pricing as not mentioned on the website.

The website is here, btw: www.peterpancakebkk.com

If anyone makes it there before me, or has been already, I would love to hear your opinion of the place.

Sanuk!

i hope the experience doesn't leave you feeling flat.

Hi,

"so based on the menus would you say this place is faily authentic (dutch)?"

Yes, fairly authentic. It looks nothing like a pancake restaurant in Holland (talking about decor), but the pancakes are fairly typical. In Holland most pancake restaurants do not serve much besides pancakes though, so the salads are bit odd (probably added for Thai girls who want to stay slim :) ). I had also never heard of using nuts or prawns on pancakes.

Sanuk!

What is the difference between Dutch Pancakes and Belgium Waffles?

Serious question

You forgot he French Fries in the equation.

Serious answer; Dutch pancakes are flat and not as thick as Belgian waffles and made with a different dough.

Belgian waffles are very thick, denser than the Dutch pancakes and a lot smaller.

They both taste very different.

• 4 months later...

You forgot he French Fries in the equation.

Serious answer; Dutch pancakes are flat and not as thick as Belgian waffles and made with a different dough.

Belgian waffles are very thick, denser than the Dutch pancakes and a lot smaller.

They both taste very different.

Waffles are usually very sweet, topped with sugar, whipped creme and or with hot cherries. They are done in a waffle iron (which are quite popular in Germany as well).

Dutch pancakes however are done in a pan and can be topped or filled with sweet as well as salty stuff.

Anyway it's long time ago that I had pancakes in a pancake restaurant in the Hoge Veluwe...

PS: In Germany pancakes are eaten for lunch/dinner, while waffles are eaten in the afternoon with a cup of coffee.

Archived