Question Regarding Sending Parcels To Thailand

flacko

Hi Everyone I am thinking of sending a box of various goodies to my Thai friends through the postal service from America. My worry is that knowing how the postal service is in developing countries wil it get through intact? Have any of you had experience with this?

Don't send any cash. I guarantee that they will find it. I sent 2 $20 bills 8-9 years ago, in an envelop enclosed by three folded pieces of paper. It never arrived.

The cheapist and best way to send money is trough moneygram anything less then $900 dollars is only $10 dollars to send. I wouldn't even trust the post office here in America sending cash. thanks for your advice

Have been sending Xmas and birthday presents to Thailand for a couple of years now without issues. Including a ton of M&M's last time. It is relatively fast and safe using parcel service (Royal mail).

Stay away from Amazon.com shipping though - it is horrendously expensive now

Yep...An APO box number with a friend attached is quite handy.

Flacko's advice regarding Moneygram is excellent. Used it many many times without a problem...and it's relatively cheap and very quick. Just make sure the recipient's name is EXACTLY as it appears on ID that will be used to pick up the money. Email reference number, about sent, name of recipient and name of sender....or telphone and provide the info to the recipient. Couldn't be easier.

HH

Archived