What 800 Baht Bought Me In Patts ...

gobbledonk

After paying something crazy at the totally-craptacular Sawasdee Siam, and knowing that Patts was chockers, I had very low expectations of the Bay Breeze on Soi 11. If it hadn't been for the construction site next door, I would rate it as the single best VFM accomm I have ever had. Since when does 800 baht buy you a bathroom with an actual *tub* big enough for a Farang ? Sure, it was basic, but after the Siam it was like I had just checked into a 4-star hotel. The new place next door should be finished within the next month, and then it will be sheer bliss - the reception staff had good English and everyone managed a smile at a time when they had plenty of folk looking for room at the inn. I'm not even going to comment on the staff at the Sawasdee chain (sadly. I've stayed in a few of their budget nasties).

The location is nothing special, but it is reasonably close to everything in Central Patts and you can definitely stagger back from Soi 7 at 4am - I've field tested that. Totally guest-friendly, they politely take the girls ID (I only took two to my room on any one night, so it may pay to check if you want to take a party upstairs !). Yes, you can get ST in Pattaya for 800 baht plus the 300 baht BF, making it a very cheap experience for those who prefer to spend their money on beer. At no stage did I feel the need to throw either myself nor my lovely guests from the tiny balcony, and it probably wouldnt have achieved much from only 5 floors up. The new place next door is a monster, so it may be more amenable to amateur base-jumpers. :clown:

Highly recommended.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

and where is this? including breakfast? does it have a large swimming pool and a gym? daily english newspaper?

For sure... PLUS in-room safe, free wifi, 60-inch flatscreen, rain shower, robe and slippers, designer toiletries, 24-hour room service ++ :biggrin:

HH

Archived