Raspberry Pi

radioman

Was launched for sale yesterday. Some detail here

Raspberry Pi

and a Google should get you everything else.

So a keyboard, mouse and a screen should be enough to get you on line. Think I might put one in every room!

Currently sold out. Just 24 USD for fully functioning internal PC hardware... thumbup.gif

But I am not geeky enough for this kind of stuff.

But I am not geeky enough for this kind of stuff.

Or young enough.

Seems to be aimed at teen hobbyists to get them interested in programming much like I was with my Commodore 64 Circa late 82 before moving on to assembly language on the Motorola 6080 chipset, happy days.

Or young enough.

Seems to be aimed at teen hobbyists to get them interested in programming much like I was with my Commodore 64 Circa late 82 before moving on to assembly language on the Motorola 6080 chipset, happy days.

That seems to play a big part in the rational behind the idea, a sort of ZX81 for the web generation. Cool idea. Seems that the boffins in Cambridge are saying that computer science majors are reducing in number and those going into that field lack some of the basic skills. The sort you got from bit bashing a commodore or spectrum.

Gotta get one though. Just to make a fully functional web machine for essentially the added cost of a monitor. Stick this thing in a box with a USB charger for power, glued to the back of the monitor, away ya go. You can still have fun, don't have to be young :)

That seems to play a big part in the rational behind the idea, a sort of ZX81 for the web generation. Cool idea. Seems that the boffins in Cambridge are saying that computer science majors are reducing in number and those going into that field lack some of the basic skills. The sort you got from bit bashing a commodore or spectrum.

Gotta get one though. Just to make a fully functional web machine for essentially the added cost of a monitor. Stick this thing in a box with a USB charger for power, glued to the back of the monitor, away ya go. You can still have fun, don't have to be young :)

I saw this yesterday, a great thumbs up to the UK guys, sucks to be OLPC!

Archived