Arrivederci Dubai, What Next?

Resigned from my position in Dubai on Thursday. :relieved:

Got three months notice to work but come the beginning of June I'll be a free man (unemployed but free). :yay:

By then I'll have spent 13 years of my life in Dubai and a total of 15 years in the Middle East and I have absolutely no intention of spending any more, of whatever time I've got left, in this part of the world. :nono:

Will probably spend June in LOS and then head back to Scotland for a while. But after that, who knows. Something in the Far East would be nice but will just have to wait and see. :hmmm:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure that ma'a salama would be more pertinent than Arrivederci!

Not much going in SE Asia at the moment but Western Australia is currently booming, Then again you could always consider time at home in Aberdeen being a "Local Hero" (reference to your tag line).

Whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck.

Kong

Resigned from my position in Dubai on Thursday. :relieved:

Got three months notice to work but come the beginning of June I'll be a free man (unemployed but free). :yay:

By then I'll have spent 13 years of my life in Dubai and a total of 15 years in the Middle East and I have absolutely no intention of spending any more, of whatever time I've got left, in this part of the world. :nono:

Will probably spend June in LOS and then head back to Scotland for a while. But after that, who knows. Something in the Far East would be nice but will just have to wait and see. :hmmm:

good luck to you.... :drinking:

a shame we never got together last year when i had a long stop in Dubai between flights.

i'll be stopping off in Dubai again in June but only for a few hours.

I am sure that ma'a salama would be more pertinent than Arrivederci!

Not much going in SE Asia at the moment but Western Australia is currently booming, Then again you could always consider time at home in Aberdeen being a "Local Hero" (reference to your tag line).

Whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck.

Kong

Thanks Kong.

I know, but arrivederci just sounds a whole lot better.

Home is Edinburgh and I will certainly be spending time there with my mother and travelling around other parts of the old country, breathing that fresh air and feeling all Scottish. A visit to Pennan (where they filmed the village scenes of Local Hero) will be in order.

Plenty of work in Hong Kong but it's too corporate and everyone wears suits and ties so that's out, however I'm hopeful that there will be something in the region for me.

good luck to you.... :drinking:

a shame we never got together last year when i had a long stop in Dubai between flights.

i'll be stopping off in Dubai again in June but only for a few hours.

Thanks Sayjann, yes pity Dubai didn't happen. When you're stopping off in Dubai this time I'll already be in LOS. :biggrin:

Thanks Sayjann, yes pity Dubai didn't happen. When you're stopping off in Dubai this time I'll already be in LOS. :biggrin:

luckily enough i know where my departure gate is and just about opposite a bar where i can get a beer or 2.

i'll raise a glass to you.... :beer:

Archived