Red's Return Part I

Redbaron

Yes, sj, had a 250 baht pint of Heinekin in there while I puffed away. The smoking room I wwas talking about is in the international departures bit, behind a small milk bar type place. Tiny, and no ventilation whatsoever - it's the only smoking room there, near the duty free shops.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to be honest gobble, settling back into work has been easier than I suspected it would have been. Lucky for me there are a lot of other LOS fans there. Quite bizarre really.

You were at golden? Should have yelled out mate, while BKK was good, the first few days in Patters was positively scarey. Lucky I had another aussie to lean on for that time...

Yes, sj, had a 250 baht pint of Heinekin in there while I puffed away. The smoking room I wwas talking about is in the international departures bit, behind a small milk bar type place. Tiny, and no ventilation whatsoever - it's the only smoking room there, near the duty free shops.

i think i know the place.

when i get to the airport i tend to chain smoke to get the nicotine into my body and these days i normally fly in 2 5-7 hour legs so am just about able to last without a cigarette for that time.

luckily in Dubai i know the gate where my next flight goes from and opposite is a bar where you can smoke.. :elephant:

If I choose to live in Patts, I'll have to find something else to do in Feb - its just too crazy for me. Would be interesting to see if Pattaya is as gloomy in low season as NEP and Cowboy - that wave of 'new tourists' has been there on each of my visits over the last 2 years.

Good to see you, Red. Don't be a stranger now.

Believe me, whenever I go to Pattaya these days it still feels as though I am 'stepping outside of myself.' As you saw, my life here is pretty staid, steady and 'normal' (!) and that place really shakes my psyche.

I'm sorry - I only realised after you had all left that I never did get around to making that bloody pizza. I had some lovely dough as well.

Next time, okay?

Good to see you, Red. Don't be a stranger now.

Believe me, whenever I go to Pattaya these days it still feels as though I am 'stepping outside of myself.' As you saw, my life here is pretty staid, steady and 'normal' (!) and that place really shakes my psyche.

I'm sorry - I only realised after you had all left that I never did get around to making that bloody pizza. I had some lovely dough as well.

Next time, okay?

fuck me Carew,you say you are staid and normal.... :yikes:

you were never like that on the nights out in the King's Head... :shakehead

goood to know you are still around and settled down.... :beer:

fuck me Carew,you say you are staid and normal.... :yikes:

you were never like that on the nights out in the King's Head... :shakehead

goood to know you are still around and settled down.... :beer:

Oh, Sayjann! I'm not in my dotage, you know!

I mean that I live much the same as anyone else would do if they wished to keep their sanity. It's all about compartmentalisation (!) Or summat.

There's 'normal' life - work, bills, Tesco Lotus, water the plants, cooking decent farang food, checking out the internet, watching TV, taking a walk in the early evening, chatting with the neighbours, acknowledging Christmas cards, cleaning the fishtank...normal shit, yeah?

And then...

And then there's that wee whisper in my ear; it's that little black monkey that I haven't fed for a while...

I know that voice. Hmmm...

PATTAYA! YEAH!!!!!!!

Apparently.

Oh, Sayjann! I'm not in my dotage, you know!

I mean that I live much the same as anyone else would do if they wished to keep their sanity. It's all about compartmentalisation (!) Or summat.

There's 'normal' life - work, bills, Tesco Lotus, water the plants, cooking decent farang food, checking out the internet, watching TV, taking a walk in the early evening, chatting with the neighbours, acknowledging Christmas cards, cleaning the fishtank...normal shit, yeah?

And then...

And then there's that wee whisper in my ear; it's that little black monkey that I haven't fed for a while...

I know that voice. Hmmm...

PATTAYA! YEAH!!!!!!!

Apparently.

good to know you are happy and enjoying life.

would be great to meet up for a drink someday,but i don't think it will happen.

when i'm on Phuket in May i'll raise a glass or two remembering the good times we had in London..... :beer:

PATTAYA! YEAH!!!!!!!

The grass is always greener, isnt it ? I live an extremely boring life here in Oz, but I'm not sure what sort of life you would need to be living to prepare you for Patts in peak season. Cyclo driver in Jakarta or bemo driver in Metro Manilla ? I just got heartily sick of dodging people on the pathetic excuse the Thais have for 'sidewalks'. You have major advantages - you are acclimatised and speak the language - but you don't (afaik) speak Russian or Hindi ..... :stirthepo

In all seriousness, great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Just need to be close enough to sample the madness when the urge hits :grinyes:

Pizza next time sounds good carew - but I'd hardly call you "normal" - and I doubt anyone who knows you would either... which is good, it's why we all love you.. Wouldn't have you any other way.

Next time won't be 7 years though, promise.. think it'll be closer to 7 months.

A few pics...

view from BKK hotel room

151a83c.jpg

beaches of Ban Phe

4868bfc.jpg

7705c59.jpg

My "chopper" and top of the range Thai helmet

1e5dcb5.jpg

a7fb8d7.jpg

Bit of religion...

719fc34.jpg

One of my cock....