Miss Thairand 2012

Flashermac

The judges at these contests go for tall, untypically Thai looking women. None of those pictured get me very turned on, though some are quite pretty. But that is all ... pretty, not stunners.

I remember a contest a few years ago, when my Mrs remarked about the winner - "Why did they pick such a plain looking girl?" Well, she was very very white and sort of Farang looking. Ironically, in the Miss World contest, there was a really hot looking Miss Norway (I think), whose mama was from Issan! Everyone agreed that the Norwegian girl looked more Thai than Miss Thailand. :dunno:

Hi,

I agree there are some cute ones, but there's just as many that are far from cute.

And of course, not a single girl with even a hint of color in her skin.

Sanuk!

Seems like the usual editing done in Thai pictures. A visit to photoshop and everyone look like smudged out pale ghosts. My wife want to take some family pictures in Thailand but I insist we do them back home without this editing shit. People should look natural, no matter skin-pigmentation, and for my wife that's pretty darn dark. I like it.

No, it's not just you.

I just glanced at the pics but I don't think any of the girls equate to my concept of a beautiful Thai lady. :shakehead

a couple there which i thought were attractive,but none of them really stood out for me.

i remember a few years ago the Nation had a 4 page colour pullout of the latest Miss World competition.

showed female asians and their ideas of beautiful woman in the compie were totally different to mine.

Yep, some of the girls look like average Western beauties. I guess in Thai eyes that's real beauty. And since Thais think that those girls are beautiful the Kathoys think so as well. Maybe that's why we can spot some Katoyes so easily: the don't fit into our ideal of a real Thai beauty and look kind of artificially non-Thai in our eyes...

I took a couple of gay guys at the university to Casanova one night to see how they'd react. They loved it, especially the Cyborg Queen who waltzed in like Isdora Duncan, throwing her feather boa over her shoulder. One of the guys made a telling comment. He said the khatoeys looked like western women. When I thought about it, he was right! :hmmm:

Yep, some of the girls look like average Western beauties. I guess in Thai eyes that's real beauty. And since Thais think that those girls are beautiful the Kathoys think so as well. Maybe that's why we can spot some Katoyes so easily: the don't fit into our ideal of a real Thai beauty and look kind of artificially non-Thai in our eyes...

many members here say they don't like the western women look and prefer the asian look and i admit i prefer the asian look.

but i do like the nordic women and their looks and some very fine figures.

some French and Italian women are very fine but i'm not so keen on the Spanish.

Archived