Stickman Throws Down With Strikers

So, I'm surprised there hasn't been more fallout on the various pussy forums from this...

The week before this last Sunday, Stickman wrote some shit about how he's leery of naming specific bars and their practices/shortcomings, lest he get into trouble...

And then this past Sunday, he directly accuses Mark at Bar4 of sleazy, shitbag practices with his staff...

I've always loved Bar4...I don't know Mark personally but I've always felt it's a well-run ship, and the girls seem pretty "happy" (as much as one can be in their situation) working there...

If the accusations Stickman has made are true--and granted, he has had his head planted pretty far up his ass on more than one occasion in that column, hahaha--he's pretty much throwing down a glove to Mark, might as well call him an asshole and a gross mistreater of his staff and call him out in the street...what gives??

UPDATE: It's been pointed out to me that I read Stickman's column wrong, it's Striker's that he's calling out for a street brawl, not Bar4, hahaha...

Well, I'm kinda glad about that because I have to say I like Bar 4 more. But still, what's with Stickman attacking a specific bar's reputation just one week after he claimed he wasn't going to do that kind of thing??

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The week before this last Sunday, Stickman wrote some shit about how he's leery of naming specific bars and their practices/shortcomings, lest he get into trouble...

Sorry but I couldn't find where in his previous weeks column that he said the above? He did however say, "I am not shy to slate people in the industry who I think are hopeless, are schmucks, or perhaps are even cheats". :hmmm:

And then this past Sunday, he directly accuses Mark at Bar4 of sleazy, shitbag practices with his staff...

Good that you corrected this to Strikers and not Bar4. I don't know either bar, although I've heard good things about Bar4, however I congratulate Stick on exposing any bar that treats their staff in such a shitty way. :up:

You're right it should be changed, but only KS can do that I think.

Correct, and he has since done so...I tried and couldn't! I don't think we even have the ability to delete a post once we've made it, do we?

I've always loved Bar4...I don't know Mark personally but I've always felt it's a well-run ship, and the girls seem pretty "happy" (as much as one can be in their situation) working there...

Well, I'm kinda glad about that because I have to say I like Bar 4 more. But still, what's with Stickman attacking a specific bar's reputation just one week after he claimed he wasn't going to do that kind of thing??

Thanks for rectifying that about Bar4 re Strikers. That confusion has occured on other boards as well I am afraid to say.

Guys - how do I write this - I am actually going to "stick" up (get it?) for Strikers. I don't know the exact detail of what has happened and, sorry Stick, it seems Stick only has one side of the story.

First up the bar has to have rules - we probably have the same at Bar4 - as the girls can get out of control if you don't. When I first bought Tony's Bar in Cowboy I was shocked to learn that if a girl broke a glass then the cost came out of the communal tips. I argued the case with the Thai management and they expalined the reasons, and they were correct. Perhaps they were enforced a bit rigidly in this case at Strikers but perhaps there is a reason. Who knows, maybe the girls was consistently late in claiming her lady drinks? I don't know but it would be nice to hear the other side.

Second - I know the Thai's that run Strikers quite well. They are fair but, sure, they will come down on the staff when needed. I would love to be able to talk to them but unfortunately I am out of the country and unable to do so.

Third - the girl has a choice. Should the bar be giving her a rough time why doesn't she leave? I have a sign out front of my bar saying "staff wanted" and I am pretty sure that Hillary group or Golden would take her on as well.

It takes a lot to run these bars and I guess I write this as it could happen in my place, heaven forbid. I would hate to be on the receiving end of something like this. As I say, it would be great to hear the other side.

But I do love the bit where Ratchada writes "I've always loved Bar4". ;-) And he is correct - the girls do seem happy. We go to a lot of trouble to make that happen.

Cheers,

Mark

Archived