Stickman Throws Down With Strikers

The owner of a Patpong bar told me there's a shortage of girls these days. He pointed to a dancer and said, "If I fired her tonight, she'd have another job tomorrow." No reason for one to stay at a place she is not happy.

Unless there are some outstanding loans owed to the bar.deal.gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I'm surprised there hasn't been more fallout on the various pussy forums from this...

The week before this last Sunday, Stickman wrote some shit about how he's leery of naming specific bars and their practices/shortcomings, lest he get into trouble...

And then this past Sunday, he directly accuses Mark at Bar4 of sleazy, shitbag practices with his staff...

I've always loved Bar4...I don't know Mark personally but I've always felt it's a well-run ship, and the girls seem pretty "happy" (as much as one can be in their situation) working there...

If the accusations Stickman has made are true--and granted, he has had his head planted pretty far up his ass on more than one occasion in that column, hahaha--he's pretty much throwing down a glove to Mark, might as well call him an asshole and a gross mistreater of his staff and call him out in the street...what gives??

UPDATE: It's been pointed out to me that I read Stickman's column wrong, it's Striker's that he's calling out for a street brawl, not Bar4, hahaha...

Well, I'm kinda glad about that because I have to say I like Bar 4 more. But still, what's with Stickman attacking a specific bar's reputation just one week after he claimed he wasn't going to do that kind of thing??

No offense to you or whom it may concern but Mark's hands aren't as clean as He would like to have all his customers think they are,I met an old ex-vietnam vet up in Chiengrai area who told me some story's of Marks frienship w/ a Thai guy KOB and some shady things he has done to customers and some threats made of personnel bodily harm to a certain customer.Are they true,who know,2nd hand Story.The old ex-vietnam vet as far as I know is Not welcomed in any Bars that Mark or Kob own,he didn't elaborate,was probably about a girl or money.

No offense to you or whom it may concern but Mark's hands aren't as clean as He would like to have all his customers think they are,I met an old ex-vietnam vet up in Chiengrai area who told me some story's of Marks frienship w/ a Thai guy KOB and some shady things he has done to customers and some threats made of personnel bodily harm to a certain customer.Are they true,who know,2nd hand Story.The old ex-vietnam vet as far as I know is Not welcomed in any Bars that Mark or Kob own,he didn't elaborate,was probably about a girl or money.

Hmm. 4 posts and this 'revelation'.....

Mate, I dont have a dog in this fight - I dont even venture into either bar, and I have spent an inordinate amount of time on Soi4, but these are my observations:

- whether its Thailand, Australia or whatever, I dont think anyone survives in the nightlife industry without realising that there are certain gritty realities that have to be dealt with. Ever tried to reason with a drunk ? Ever threatened bouncers with instant dismissal if they get too physical with customers ? Ever had to deal with an allegation that a trusted staff member (or partner..) is stealing from you ? I dont see it as an industry for boy scouts. Throw in the endemic corruption in Thailand and its difficult to imagine that any of the bar owners are 100% 'cleanskins' - sooner or later, shit will need to be scooped off the footpath.

- I like Stick's column, but its interesting that he spends a large amount of time telling all and sundry to stay away from bargirls and then comes out to bat for them. In Stick's world, the only Thai women we should be lusting after are tall, white and dressed by boutiques at Emporium. The LBFMs should all be back in the provinces planting rice.

- we are unlikely to ever get the 'complete' story on any issue like this, and the irony (IMO) is that Stick himself is the first to admit that the girls lie as a matter of course. Throw in Thai 'logic' and I wouldnt want to be the hapless bar owner caught up in dispute with staff. In this case, they are also Thai (fwir), meaning that they are probably less inclined to swallow any BS - as others have pointed out, the girls can always go elsewhere.

Apologies of I have overstated/misstated anything here, but we arent talking about an argument at the PTA. In virtually any other country, bar owners would be prosecuted for profiting from the proceeds of prostitution (those with ST rooms would face more serious charges), and in the West we call such people 'pimps'. They might deny it, but no-one is under any illusions about barfine quotas. When was the last time you heard of a pimp treating his girls with the kind of respect Bar4 claims they are afforded at his bar (and at Strikers) ?

How does one become an ex-vietnam vet?

Good point :grinyes:

We've had a few 'vets' exposed here in recent years - marched on Anzac Day with medals etc and even went to the RSL and told bogus war stories. Makes you wonder how these clowns could look at themselves in the mirror. I wont even accept the ''attendance medal' the Oz government has decided to hand out to everyone who served in the ADF for at least 4 years. When I served, even the medal awarded for 15 years service was seen as an 'attendance award', but 4 years in the Army now would very likely put a soldier in harm's way, particularly in Afghanistan. I faced nothing more dangerous than the possibility of an aircraft falling out of the sky - big deal.

http://www.defence.gov.au/medals/Content/+047%20ADM%20+%20ANSM/+070%20ADM/

don't offend me, I am a "vet" myself!

every successful bar owner in LOS has some dark side; otherwise he would not last long. and there are of course also plenty of asshole customers, who like to badmouth about bar owners. so i do not think that any accusations of the newbie riolobo is anything to take serious

How does one become an ex-vietnam vet?

If you stop here you will become an ex-nanaplaza/thai360 vet! :grinyes: Understand, as long as you active you're a vet - after that just a fossile, maybe we must create a Hall of Fame........... :worship: I will vote for that you will have a seat beside Trink!

Riolobo is the re-incarnation of trapperjohn and stevegerman44 (or something like that) who was banned from this board before. He has been slagging me off for years over some perceived bill padding in a bar I don't even own. And should I see him - yes - I will give him a slap. He is actually writing about himself when he refers to "ex-Vietnam vet from Chiang Rai". Bitter and twisted old fook.

Not the sharpest tool in the box I am afraid.

Have a nice day Steve.

Regards,

Mark

Archived