Hard Drive Image

Hamokhamok

A HD image is an exact copy. Copying the image back to the "clean" HD would be the same as never cleaning the HD in the first place.

An intermittent problem like this is most likely to be caused by a HD beginning to fail. Backup your files ASAP. Check if the HD manufacturer has a disk diagnostic tool.

A HD image is an exact copy. Copying the image back to the "clean" HD would be the same as never cleaning the HD in the first place.

An intermittent problem like this is most likely to be caused by a HD beginning to fail. Backup your files ASAP. Check if the HD manufacturer has a disk diagnostic tool.

I suspected that myself - a disk image isn't much use to me except to have it in the event of a crash.

Did the diagnostic test on my hard drive and after something like 11 hours it came back as having passed all the tests, no problems detected.

Will wait now to see if the problem is still there and see what I can do from there.

Regards and thanks.

Maybe try this Acronis Hard Drive Monitor

We all depend on instant access to data stored on our hard drives – buried inside PC laptops, workstations and servers – but those disks are vulnerable to severe failures that can cause you to lose business and personal data. Acronis Drive Monitor alerts you to problems that may indicate an imminent failure so you can be prepared to handle it without data loss.

Maybe try this Acronis Hard Drive Monitor

We all depend on instant access to data stored on our hard drives – buried inside PC laptops, workstations and servers – but those disks are vulnerable to severe failures that can cause you to lose business and personal data. Acronis Drive Monitor alerts you to problems that may indicate an imminent failure so you can be prepared to handle it without data loss.

Thanks for that.

It tells me that my main 'C' drive is 100% as is one of my 3 Tb standalone hard drives.

However, it does tell me that one of my other 1 Tb standalone drive which I use for backups is only 52%. I need to have this sorted as soon as possible.

I wonder now if this drive, although a standalone drive, is causing the Not Responding messages and causing some software and internet to stop - interesting.

I intend transferring the backups to the 3 Tb standalone drive and then disconnect the 1 Tb drive and see if that makes a difference.

Regards.

Archived