What Happened Here The Last 4 Years?

elef

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely, we had many beers in a certain pub in Pattaya.

Anti-Mekong sure it you mean the rum (whisky thais say) which smells like diesel, tastes like diesel and is just possible to drink with Coca-Cola.

I actually had to go to a very special bar on Soi 6 to get Mehkong 'Whiskey' in Feb - apparently its not being sold any more. The establishment in question has a top shelf that features a Scotch whiskey at 900 baht a shot, so its a step up from most of its neighbours, and the Tom who poured our drinks actually knew a thing or two about her inventory. Her boss was able to find a bottle of Sang Thip for me, but I donated it to the bar I'd spent most time in after a couple of glasses : with coke, it tasted much the same as Sang Som to me (this was an unopened bottle, and cost me a pittance so I dont suspect any tampering). Given the reputation the 'old' Sang Thip had, I can only assume that the people behind it were forced to civilise it over time, but then I didnt drink the bottle .....

I look forward to trying Lao-Lao, the infamous rocket fuel from north of the border, but only in an environment where I can safely pass out for a day or two. Per my '60 Minutes' thread, drinking 50-proof alcohol on a river is just nuts. :banghead:

I actually had to go to a very special bar on Soi 6 to get Mehkong 'Whiskey' in Feb - apparently its not being sold any more. The establishment in question has a top shelf that features a Scotch whiskey at 900 baht a shot, so its a step up from most of its neighbours, and the Tom who poured our drinks actually knew a thing or two about her inventory. Her boss was able to find a bottle of Sang Thip for me, but I donated it to the bar I'd spent most time in after a couple of glasses : with coke, it tasted much the same as Sang Som to me (this was an unopened bottle, and cost me a pittance so I dont suspect any tampering). Given the reputation the 'old' Sang Thip had, I can only assume that the people behind it were forced to civilise it over time, but then I didnt drink the bottle .....

I look forward to trying Lao-Lao, the infamous rocket fuel from north of the border, but only in an environment where I can safely pass out for a day or two. Per my '60 Minutes' thread, drinking 50-proof alcohol on a river is just nuts. :banghead:

Mekong and I were meeting most times in Jameson's The Irish Pub, just checked the website and Mekong is not any longer sitting at the landlord's table. I've had the honour to sit there too. OK, there's one more pub (with a new local pub in Jomtien I've heard) but if you want to find you can do some research yourself. Start with She (but not shemale). :elephant:

Brawling is maybe OK if that's the alternative to dull, not flame wars and trolls but not just too much PC.

I've more posts on my FB every day than whole board here......... :chili:

Elef,

Same here. I use FB to keep in touch with family and friends, and have a business (restaurant) in Surin that keeps me fairly busy so I cannot post as much the past 2 1/2 years. I miss the camaraderie here, but just do not have as much free time to post as I had before. Glad to see you are feeling better now. Stay healthy and keep posting when you can. Much less posting and members posting lately. Life happens and things change. Still a good site though with good people posting. Not much on the nightlife though. I'll PM you about the other shite as well.I should be back in the Pattaya/Jomtien area in the next few weeks and we can hook up and have a beer and a chat.

Cheers, and good to see you doing well now.

Cent

Mekong re-branded, and re-appeared on the shelves at double the original price. But a couple of months ago in laos, I came across a few bottles of the old label, and old price (well a bit more). Tasted the same, I've recently preferre SangSom.

I also have posted very little, Living in Chonburi province spend more time in Pattaya, and although I still play, it's with a fairly loose circle of regulars, rotating between them. That doesn't leave much ground for exciting new adventures to be written up.

Besides, although this board is my original home in LOS, in practice I get more up to date news about the focus of my play (Pattaya) on one or two of the P-boards.

But I do enjoy coming visiting, keeping in touch with a few old friends, and up with the state of the "Coss play".

Miss the good TR though.

Of course a local board for Pattaya, Hua Hin, Phuket, Chiang Mai... can specialize and give more detailed information. The 2 Pattaya boards are extra special as they are started by bar owners (is PattayaPete still around?) - which means that the boards are not neutral sometimes/often - also almost just nighlife oriented so more like local nanaplaza boards. Boards covering the other 3 areas are more general. However, a board covering whole Thailand has a different place on the road map and you can't compare.

Archived