Is Messi The Best Football-Player Ever?

elef

It has bee discussed in swedish media the last weeks...

Is Messi the best ever?

Maybe Zlatan?

OK, my candidate is Zinedine Zidane, Lionel Messi as second.

the problem is can players from different eras play in another?.

would Pele have thrived in an Italian/Spanish league in his hey day?,i don't think he would have gone to a non latin league.

Maradona prospered in Italy before his self-destruction.

but would Messi prosper in the EPL?.

i don't think so as he would not be playing with his current team=mates.

over the Years South American players have found it hard in the EPL but some have achieved success.

in the modern era though(say the last 5 Years) he has certainly become the best IMO for the club game.

Messi plays as the front man of an incredible trident, without Xavi and Iniesta he would not be as prolific as he is, the modern day holy trinity of Best, Law, Charlton.

Bobbie or Jackie Charlton?

BBs candidate Johan Cruyff is an excellent choice.

Pelé I've seen IRL and he was #1 a long time (and he nominated Messi as the best ever instead), Maradona is also a very good candidate.

Munchie doesn't like Zlatan but he's 1 or 2 classes better than Wayne Rooney.

Franz Beckenbauer or Gordon Banks?

Munchie doesn't like Zlatan but he's 1 or 2 classes better than Wayne Rooney.

Are you talking social classes?

Zlatan is a prize prick but as Rooney is a Man U player I'm no fan.

Thierry Henry is my fav player of all time, although as a Scotsman Dalglish would also be well up there. Bergkamp was shear class also, but where does it stop. :dunno:

Are you talking social classes?

Zlatan is a prize prick but as Rooney is a Man U player I'm no fan.

Thierry Henry is my fav player of all time, although as a Scotsman Dalglish would also be well up there. Bergkamp was shear class also, but where does it stop. :dunno:

I know what social class Zlatan is coming from, Rooney seems to be far lower (I was thinking about writing something more here, but I don't as KS will complain if I do) but it's not possible. I was thinking about football - class, level, whatever you want...

Thierry Henry - a good suggestion but far from Zidane In My Not so Humble Opinion.

To give credit where credit is due - I have to say that Messi stands out in a world full of wankers who take a "dive" every time that a shadow crosses their path:

http://youtu.be/ZFZ-29w2uqk

Give the particulars of his background growing up, his story is a compelling one. His career still has years to go - so, heyet has a chance to shine even brighter.

Whether he is a better player than some of the others mentioned can certainly be argued. But - he is probably the better man than any of them. He has earned my respect as an individual - more than most of them.

Cheer!

SS

Archived