Dem Old Bones

gobbledonk

If you did not have a spleen you would really know it as your ability to fight off infections like phenomena would be greatly reduced. As I recall the literature, those who have had it removed have almost a 60% greater chance of dying of infections disease. Which is an astounding number.

Oh and a traditional MRI machine will rip a ferrous metal item right out of you. I saw one suck a steal bullet right out of a guy in Iraq. So I would not be surprised they would want you to take it out. In our labs, if you did not remove it, the test would not be run and you would have to pay us for wasting our time. But to each their own.

as i say i have no idea of the explanation about the spleen?.

scans and the suchlike have never found it and i KNOW i have never had it removed.

the case of my nipple ring was in a CT scanner,not an MRI scanner.

the MRI scans were before a drunken day out when a few of us decided to have the painful procedure,i never knew it would be so painful and the alcohol did'nt mask the pain.

as i say i have no idea of the explanation about the spleen?.

scans and the suchlike have never found it and i KNOW i have never had it removed.

the case of my nipple ring was in a CT scanner,not an MRI scanner.

the MRI scans were before a drunken day out when a few of us decided to have the painful procedure,i never knew it would be so painful and the alcohol did'nt mask the pain.

I would be willing to bet you have it. If you really want to know a blood test will show you. Not being able to visualize it is no big deal. All those medical charts of the body are basically averages. I have seen aortas with as few as two branches and as many as 5 in my days. Avg is three so that is what tends to be on the charts. We always test for removed or not working ones them to test subjects in our trials as lack of one can be potentially dangerous depending on the vaccine being utilized.

I would be willing to bet you have it. If you really want to know a blood test will show you. Not being able to visualize it is no big deal.

blood tests............ :banghead:

because of my blood disorder being diagnosed in 1999 i had blood tests twice a week up until 2010 and a monthly procedure of blood-letting to help with my treatment.

the treatment was painful to me,maybe a low pain threshold? and it used to take me a good 24 hours to recover from the treatment.

but after many years i seem to have got over the problem as i have been discharged from any treatment since 2010.

but it meant i had to take precaution when flying,surgical socks and certain drugs but even that did'nt stop me from suffering from 2 DVT's and a PE.

now i am limited to the amount of physical things i can do,but i've just got used to taking things easy when i need to.

that's why i like a Lady on top and i can just lie back and enjoy.... :biggrin:

i'm sure something concerning my spleen would have been found out in that time period.

blood tests............ :banghead:

because of my blood disorder being diagnosed in 1999 i had blood tests twice a week up until 2010 and a monthly procedure of blood-letting to help with my treatment.

the treatment was painful to me,maybe a low pain threshold? and it used to take me a good 24 hours to recover from the treatment.

but after many years i seem to have got over the problem as i have been discharged from any treatment since 2010.

but it meant i had to take precaution when flying,surgical socks and certain drugs but even that did'nt stop me from suffering from 2 DVT's and a PE.

now i am limited to the amount of physical things i can do,but i've just got used to taking things easy when i need to.

that's why i like a Lady on top and i can just lie back and enjoy.... :biggrin:

i'm sure something concerning my spleen would have been found out in that time period.

Not necessarily. The test I was referring to is simply looking for cells from a spleen. No reason to do it at all unless the practitioner is suspicious you dont have one. And no reason to do that unless you are unconscious in an emergency room or we just dont trust your medical history. (distrust of stated medical history is why we ran it on everyone that showed up in trials) So unless you specifically asked for one, I highly doubt you were ever given that test.

Not necessarily. The test I was referring to is simply looking for cells from a spleen. No reason to do it at all unless the practitioner is suspicious you dont have one. And no reason to do that unless you are unconscious in an emergency room or we just dont trust your medical history. (distrust of stated medical history is why we ran it on everyone that showed up in trials) So unless you specifically asked for one, I highly doubt you were ever given that test.

that's a fair point.

the tests i were having were to do with something unconnected with the spleen,so probably never looked into.

but 2 of my ultrasounds were performed by my General Practioner and while he never saw my spleen on the screen he did'nt seem that worried.

but i have never worried about it and have never had any problems with internal organs in the past.

Knowing you (and me!!) I would suspect that liver trouble would be the first thing to crop up! :p:p

another fair point.

in the past my doctors were worried about the blood test results indicating problems with my liver.

when asked searching questions about my drinking habits,i told small untruths to try and put them off the scent.

no liver tests for a long time now and while i like a drink i don't worry about things.

if anything does happen to me concerning my health i hope it's late June after i have returned from LOS.

another fair point.

in the past my doctors were worried about the blood test results indicating problems with my liver.

when asked searching questions about my drinking habits,i told small untruths to try and put them off the scent.

no liver tests for a long time now and while i like a drink i don't worry about things.

if anything does happen to me concerning my health i hope it's late June after i have returned from LOS.

Ok that's an interesting thing to say which prompts a question. But maybe this is one for another thread on that topic.

...so went to the hospital where they took bloods and did a CT Scan and MRI (about Baht 60K) and discovered that part of my brain is missing?! :shocked:

Good news, those nice folks at AXA PPP refunded my Dhs 6640 (~Baht 60K) medical expenses even though I didn't use one of their nominated hospitals. :yay: