Do You Lie To Your Doctor? Even A Little Bit About History Or Symptoms?

TheCorinthian

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that is true of everything. If you demand perfection you must lead a pretty depressed life.

On more serious note, your mine every body here's medical record is not going to be worth squat on the market. So who would care to even try to access it?

You do not know that, I could be a politician and do not want my drug taking or syphalis treatment going public! My medical history is secure if the medical industry does not know about it. If I catch crabs, or other treatable std I would rather go private and anonymous.

I've had nothing worse in Thailand than dengue fever (twice) and food poisoning a time or two. Things like that don't count, that's the usual everyone gets.

Sounds like the Embassy guy may have had dengue. If he felt completely exhausted, I'd expect that was it. I had two colleagues sent to a hospital with it. I toughed it out by myself at home. (Stupid me.)

In the Central Highlands we had a red headed Jewish guy who claimed to be a Zen Buddhist come down with something bizarre. Black spots were spreading all over his body. We thought it was some kind of jungle rot, but the docs had no idea what it was. They though it might be leprosy! They medivac'ed him to Walter Reed and I never heard what happened after that. Plenty of malaria in the highlands. My battalion (4 companies present) accounted for over 50% of the malaria cases in RVN for a period of 6 months. The commies got it too and were claiming the US was using germ warfare (against us?). I took my malaria pills and never got it. The colonel ordered weekly piss checks to make sure the GIs were taking the pills, but I was exempt from testing as an NCO. One dumb fuck wouldn't take his pills, since they gave you the craps. He first got malaria, then was hit with yellow fever. The should have court-martialled the moron. 

Mosquitoes hate vitamin B6 so I eat loads of marmite as it's full of the stuff and seems to keep the mossies away, had to share a room with a fellow serviceman and he wouldn't eat it. It was so hot I used to sleep naked on my bed and got maybe one bite, he slept covered in a sheet apart from his nose. He woke up every morning with a nose like a plate of beans from the hundreds of mossie bites! How I used to laugh.

• 2 weeks later...

I highly recommend that you don't lie to a doctor - it's a hard enough job without having to deal with patient deception which is usually easily detectable anyway. Doing so will most likely mean you don't get the treatment you deserve - or it will be delayed in some shape or form. I've seen it all - there is no reason for embarrassment believe me.

I highly recommend that you don't lie to a doctor - it's a hard enough job without having to deal with patient deception which is usually easily detectable anyway. Doing so will most likely mean you don't get the treatment you deserve - or it will be delayed in some shape or form. I've seen it all - there is no reason for embarrassment believe me.

when my blood cancer was diagnosed i was asked many questions and asked if i might be at risk from HIV?.

i said yes,but just from sex with women,no gay or drug issues.

it was at a time when the AIDS threat was being shoved down your throat and i thought i would have the test so that i knew.

everything came back fine and thankfully my blood trouble(which was never really a major problem)has sorted itself after treatment.

the only times i have told a little untruth is the amount of cigarettes i smoke a day and my alcohol intake which are both something i cannot accurately gauge.

i don't think any of the little untruths i have told have had a major problem on my health issues for many Years.

i now feel quite robust and have had no reason to see my Doctor for almost a Year now.

Archived