Do You Lie To Your Doctor? Even A Little Bit About History Or Symptoms?

TheCorinthian

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not certain but I suspect I have fudged on medical questions about STDs in the past. I know my current primary care physician and urologist have never asked. If they did, I would probably tell them. I think it was someone in another specialty and no obvious need to know about a case of the clap 20 years earlier.

I'm not certain but I suspect I have fudged on medical questions about STDs in the past. I know my current primary care physician and urologist have never asked. If they did, I would probably tell them. I think it was someone in another specialty and no obvious need to know about a case of the clap 20 years earlier.

for Years i dodged the question of my drinking which was heavy at the time.

but my Consultant knew the truth due to my blood results,but never really admonished me.

i used to go to her house for parties and had to drink soft drinks alnight to look in a good light.

but she used to smile and give me a wink knowing i was doing it for her.

bumped into her one night at a concert and as i was not driving i had had a few beers and she just smiled as we chatted.never said a word about what was in my hand.

fuck the doctors! they just give a shit! tell them what they want, the truth or not! they do what they want and think make sense. When I was drinking a lot and I asked them whether they think I am a Alcoholic, they gave a shit and said from a medical point of view I do not look like a Alcoholic (of course not as I was in good shape due to daily exercises). When I ask them nowadays, why they are so interested into my drinking habits, they start to ask more and more questions which i totally ridicule!

so fuck the doctors!

fuck the doctors! they just give a shit! tell them what they want, the truth or not! they do what they want and think make sense. When I was drinking a lot and I asked them whether they think I am a Alcoholic, they gave a shit and said from a medical point of view I do not look like a Alcoholic (of course not as I was in good shape due to daily exercises). When I ask them nowadays, why they are so interested into my drinking habits, they start to ask more and more questions which i totally ridicule!

so fuck the doctors!

Sorry to hear you've had a hard time. There are good Doctors out there however that can counsel you on this matter. Perhaps you just had a bad experience with one Doctor?

You have to remember that they are there to assist you. The questions they ask may be unsettling, but ultimately this could lead you to fitness and health. Best of luck!

Archived