How Can We (Re-)Activate The Board?

elef

I've been away 3½ year from the board and after returning I've now realized some facts.

The number of old members visiting/reading is still big but they don't post. Why? Maybe a little "von oben" (use google translate if you don't understand), we have seen before, commented before and are too tired to post????? WTF, there are arriving new readers/members all the time, they need help and they need all the time and attention we got as newbies 12-15 years ago or more.... Delphi is almost forgotten now (I remembered I had big problems with the login to read this board-1) and pure history.

All want to post in GD, also an old fact from the time I was a moderator here (one of 42 or so...). I can see you get 10 times more attention if you post in GD than in Health or other forums???

Any suggestions???

It's we the members who are forming the board to what we want. KS (and Jigger) as owner(s) and administrator(s) are setting the limits.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

English translation please.

You don't understand a shit - OK I can translate to danish, german or french. :beer:

If it just "von oben" = "from above" but it's more like a british lady commenting on a maid.... :spin:

Hey, just post in English so that everyone can understand, instead of your jibberish.

Hihi, von oben is an accepted expression in many languages including english not just in jibberish (seems to be half jiddisch and half way Harry Potter - Horray I can speak a new language... 555).

Von oben? What a load of bollocks. :shakehead

Easy there MM. Bad day? He's just trying to be helpful and address something I think you've focused on before -- generating traffic, keeping things interesting, and what not.

As we say in California: Take a chill pill dude. :) (no translation forthcoming)

I've been away 3½ year from the board and after returning I've now realized some facts.

The number of old members visiting/reading is still big but they don't post. Why? Maybe a little "von oben" (use google translate if you don't understand), we have seen before, commented before and are too tired to post????? WTF, there are arriving new readers/members all the time, they need help and they need all the time and attention we got as newbies 12-15 years ago or more.... Delphi is almost forgotten now (I remembered I had big problems with the login to read this board-1) and pure history.

All want to post in GD, also an old fact from the time I was a moderator here (one of 42 or so...). I can see you get 10 times more attention if you post in GD than in Health or other forums???

Any suggestions???

It's we the members who are forming the board to what we want. KS (and Jigger) as owner(s) and administrator(s) are setting the limits.

I don't think the issue is the board as much as it reflecting where Thailand has gone the last few years.

Actual court cases are coming from other boards but (with a single exception in my opinion) the membership here tends to be more mature and in Thailand for the long haul.

Maybe have individual links for Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, etc., instead of regional?

The fact that I don't post in nightlife is not erectile dysfunction.....just not in Thailand much anymore.

i think some interesting characters who liven up things on this board have been banned too fast

many topics have been done multiple times and so Gobbie gets completely ignored by the old hands if he recycles a topic the 50. time

Ouch. Wait for me at the Soi 22 entrance to Wa Square at midnight this ccming Saturday and we'll settle this mano et mano ! I'd have my medical insurance fully paid up, as I am one exceptionally nasty individual.

(If I'm not there by 1am, feel free to start without me)

Archived