How Can We (Re-)Activate The Board?

elef

Easy there MM. Bad day? He's just trying to be helpful and address something I think you've focused on before -- generating traffic, keeping things interesting, and what not.

As we say in California: Take a chill pill dude. :) (no translation forthcoming)

It's OK, just part of his (internet and/or board) personality..... :elephant:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch. Wait for me at the Soi 22 entrance to Wa Square at midnight this ccming Saturday and we'll settle this mano et mano ! I'd have my medical insurance fully paid up, as I am one exceptionally nasty individual.

(If I'm not there by 1am, feel free to start without me)

Washington Square is closed according to Munchie!

You Aussies have really no clue about the old European art and culture of the duel!

if you challenge me, I can choose location, date and time as well as weapons!

and by the way, the correct expression is "mano a mano" (oyes?) but I agree that you should first check your medical and life insurance!

Washington Square is closed according to Munchie!

You Aussies have really no clue about the old European art and culture of the duel!

if you challenge me, I can choose location, date and time as well as weapons!

and by the way, the correct expression is "mano a mano" (oyes?) but I agree that you should first check your medical and life insurance!

Mano a mano is the correct spanish expression - 2 matadors alternating with fighting the bull - Hemingway introduced the expression or maybe somebody else at the same time. It's not related to duels at all. (Before Munchie complains it can be best translated as "head to head", but word by word it's "hand to hand".) In France mano y mano is back to basic: hand to hand = physical contact in general.

I've been away 3½ year from the board and after returning I've now realized some facts.

The number of old members visiting/reading is still big but they don't post. Why? Maybe a little "von oben" (use google translate if you don't understand), we have seen before, commented before and are too tired to post????? WTF, there are arriving new readers/members all the time, they need help and they need all the time and attention we got as newbies 12-15 years ago or more.... Delphi is almost forgotten now (I remembered I had big problems with the login to read this board-1) and pure history.

All want to post in GD, also an old fact from the time I was a moderator here (one of 42 or so...). I can see you get 10 times more attention if you post in GD than in Health or other forums???

Any suggestions???

It's we the members who are forming the board to what we want. KS (and Jigger) as owner(s) and administrator(s) are setting the limits.

Guess this is an everlasting discussion. We had this 8 yrs ago, while still higher caliber posters were on board :

http://t2.thai360.com/index.php?/topic/16820-is-the-feel-of-the-board-changing/

"Posted 02 February 2004 - 21:22

Hi,

I have been getting comments / hints that there is a growing amount of people on this board who feel that the overal 'feel' of the board is changing. The funny (well....) thing is that some claim it is getting to PC, while others seem to think it is becoming more and more hardcore sex-tourist.

I will be honest and admit that I do not know what to do about fixing this and turning it back to the board we have all come to love, so... I am turning to you.

Since you, the members, are the most important commodity on this message board I would love to hear what you think is happening, what needs changing, what is bothering you, etc.

I understand that some of you may feel uncomfortable with posting this on the open board, so feel free to PM or email ( sanuk@nanaplaza.com ) me. I promise that I will treat everything I receive by this way as private & confidential.

I am very serious about this, as after all this is my little baby and I would hate to see people leave because they feel they are no longer welcome.

Sanuk!

PS I promise that no comment on this board, however negative will be deleted. I need to know how you feel, even (especially!) the bad stuff."

Didn't came up with anything new than, but had some great years here on the board.

HB

HT, feel free to choose the weapons, time and place. I guess you'll need to be able to ID me in the crowd - shouldnt be too difficult:

Predalien-Yautja%2BXenomorph.JPG

Gobble, you shouldn't have identified yourself. Now you've lost the element of surprise. I mean, you know what HT looks like (that was a picture of HT you posted in the "Pakse, Elephants And My Lao Girl" thread earlier today........wasn't it?) but he didn't know what you looked like, until now. :doah:

Archived