How Can We (Re-)Activate The Board?

elef

Hence the reason I accused you of being "Moron of the Decade" on another thread HT.

No offense meant but I happen to know / have worked with many engineers on the eastern seaboard, both male and female who choose to live in Pattaya due to it's "fun factor" but as an expat I was surprised by your comment.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was your conection? Palaces, riding elephants and picturing monkeys?

Or, Thai world class literature, arts, symphonies composed there, world class architecture, inventions?

No

I just so happened to have been living in Thailand since 1991, most of my adult life, and as such it feels like home to me. It just pisses me of a little when people relate Thailand with Whores / Bargirls. Such an insular and negative perception to me but I understand why insecure persons as oneself retort to such, maybe it is the only way you can integrate, so sorry you could not fit in.

My take is:

The world has changed, yes.

We've all changed, yes.

One of the key reasons, a lot of us looked to LOS in the first place, was easy and (in some cases) mind blowing sex, with pretty girls, after a life of being kept under various women's thumbs at home, in femi-nazi wasteland.

There are women in the west, (though I am thoroughly weaned now) who've responded to the "Asian" competition by adjusting their attitude towards men, ergo 'why travel for sex'?

I'd like to make a comment on why I think older posters may not post anymore, many have made their lives here in LOS and as they become more settled, the relationship between their posts and adventures on the board, and their real life, has had to change.

I've just come to realize, that as anonymous as we might feel on this board, reality can quickly intrude and when your future is vested in LOS (or in my case nearby) you become more circumspect. Privacy is only really important, when you need it.

Bleat over.

To invigorate this board, well despite my asking that the Coss/MLG posts be moved for very valid security reasons, I gather that the saga had some following. As teenage and as puerile as the story goes, I suggest that stuff like this is readable. But like other posters, it would worry me if details leaked into the actual life.

Perhaps other sagas could have some sex in them. Were I to do it all again I would have spent more time in making the story more anonymous, changing dates, events, locations and even conclusions. That would enable a 'plausible deniability' defense.

I suggest other, older posters would post more if they could 'translate' their missives into something that could not be recognized in real life. Maybe we need a 'hobbit' translation module. Jonathan Swift did a fairly good job of it with 'Gulliver's Travels' but not all of the world, have his literary skills.

I do agree that more gritty night life posting will drive more traffic, sex sells. Perhaps those of us who've become less enamored with the bar scene should invent new personae and 'take one for the boys', posting such, as a new experience...

"Well I've been out of the bar scene for some years now and I just happened into a gogo I'd not seen before, when some girls approached me and......" that kind of thing.

Have at it boys :)

Hence the reason I accused you of being "Moron of the Decade" on another thread HT.

No offense meant but I happen to know / have worked with many engineers on the eastern seaboard, both male and female who choose to live in Pattaya due to it's "fun factor" but as an expat I was surprised by your comment.

why should I not name well known facts! it has nothing to do with my own opinion about Thailand but it is a matter of fact that for many tourists and sexpats Thailand is 95% bars and whores

why should I not name well known facts! it has nothing to do with my own opinion about Thailand but it is a matter of fact that for many tourists and sexpats Thailand is 95% bars and whores

Not a well known fact, just a deluded opinion, if you are happy with your delusions who should I be to shatter them.

Hey guys - quit beating up on each other eh? I remember when I talked to that bar owner in Chiang Mai, the Dutch guy that died at too young of an age -- whatever age he might've been. And he told me something interesting --> the guys you meet in Thailand, are not gonna be the same guys you're friends with at home. You probably wouldn't even like them at home. But if you give them a chance -- there's a lot here.

Coss, you crack me up. You're a nice guy, and good writer btw.

As for sex selling, yeah it does. If there's something to it. Don't try and force it, or make this a 'sex' forum sil vous plait. Why can't people just let shit be organic. So what's important? Is it traffic? Is it... sex stories? Is it... what ? I don't know.

But whatever the issues, just try and encourage folks to think a little and post. You got a lot of bright folks here. Hell 'think too mutt' everyday photos thread was good. Damn good. Bring it back. And Mekong, I don't know him - never met him, maybe a little crazy, but he's got legit experience and obviously smart.

Anyway - what the fuck is the point?

The point is.....

Hi,

"So what's important? Is it traffic? Is it... sex stories? Is it... what ? I don't know."

People being comfortable here. At least, that is what I try to accomplish.

Not that worried about loads of traffic or making lots of money of this site (although I wouldn't turn down either ;) ).

Sanuk!

Archived