How Can We (Re-)Activate The Board?

elef

Hi,

"So what's important? Is it traffic? Is it... sex stories? Is it... what ? I don't know."

People being comfortable here. At least, that is what I try to accomplish.

Not that worried about loads of traffic or making lots of money of this site (although I wouldn't turn down either ;) ).

Sanuk!

You have never once posted a picture of a gun and bragged about your abilities and willingness to use it so you're way ahead of one forum often mentioned!

I think Thailand has changed and the board is merely a reflection of that.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have never once posted a picture of a gun and bragged about your abilities and willingness to use it so you're way ahead of one forum often mentioned!

I think Thailand has changed and the board is merely a reflection of that.

Actually a number of times KS has mentioned how he used to be able to strip down a Uzi blindfolded and re assemble

Best I could do was convert the Aussie SLR into a AR using a match stick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_FAL

Officers didn't like us doing that. Burst rate was 3 per second, and I had no idea then nor now how to strip them down.

Not exactly known for accuracy, or perhaps I wasn't known for accuracy, I remember being on a range and a mate next to me winning a competition with a score higher than what was possible to achieve thanks to me shooting his target by mistake.

We had a Guamanian in my company in Basic Combat Training who was hopeless at everything. When we were sighting in our rifles prior to qualification, a gung ho little SOB we all detested was furious because he kept getting 6 bullet holes in his target, when he'd fired only 3 times. It was the Guamanian next to him, aiming at the wrong target. The Guamie himself was puzzled because his target had no holes in it. :)

Actually a number of times KS has mentioned how he used to be able to strip down a Uzi blindfolded and re assemble

Best I could do was convert the Aussie SLR into a AR using a match stick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_FAL

Officers didn't like us doing that. Burst rate was 3 per second, and I had no idea then nor now how to strip them down.

Not exactly known for accuracy, or perhaps I wasn't known for accuracy, I remember being on a range and a mate next to me winning a competition with a score higher than what was possible to achieve thanks to me shooting his target by mistake.

You got me there.

OK, KS has never made threats or encouraged physical harm to anyone online beyond banning.

Having known KS for over a dozen years, I cannot imagine him threatening anyone. It is just not in his nature. If anything, he is maybe too tolerant on this board at times.

Mac,

Close to two years ago on a Thai board named after a wood and the entrance to a house pictures of a journalists' daughter (maybe around four or five years of age) were posted by a moderator with threats directed towards the family. Address and everything. It was the lowest thing I have ever seen on the internet! Fucking sick shit! BY A MODERATOR!

This is far worse than a dimwit being banned and sneaking back on the board under another name, which you clearly referred to above in your target shooting analaogy.

We have been spared that sort of shit on this board because we do have an adult owning it and other adults as mods.

Hi,

Close to two years ago on a Thai board named after a wood and the entrance to a house pictures of a journalists' daughter (maybe around four or five years of age) were posted by a moderator with threats directed towards the family. Address and everything. It was the lowest thing I have ever seen on the internet! Fucking sick shit! BY A MODERATOR!

That is pretty sick :(

And this is one of the main reasons why I try to stay as anonymous as possible. No pics online, no naming of family members, etc.

There are a LOT of sick people out there, and most of them feel pretty powerful.... behind their keyboard.

Sanuk!

No

I just so happened to have been living in Thailand since 1991, most of my adult life, and as such it feels like home to me. It just pisses me of a little when people relate Thailand with Whores / Bargirls. Such an insular and negative perception to me but I understand why insecure persons as oneself retort to such, maybe it is the only way you can integrate, so sorry you could not fit in.

Your lament is misplaced, if aimed at me.

Thailand has not changed, under a veener of modernity it is still a deeply traditional, even feudal country and society.

In short, the opportunities for us have changed (for westerners to travel and enjoy Wall St money). There is nothing this Board can do about it. Even KS is minding his own biz.

From the viewpoint of this Board (former nanapalaza.com) what has changed is that after the sudden influx of foreign tourists who could afford to travel (many could around year 2000 or being sent to BKK as I was), some settled but all learned what little was there to learn. Add the Internet and that may explain why there is no interest in participating or even visiting Boards like this.

It's kind of a "Novell" effect: that company saw it's market and customers disappear.

How we have changed, just imagine someone becoming a member today and asking about bar fines, why to pay and other newbie questions.

Said that, the things on the floor have not changed, still there as they were 10-12 years ago.

Now, most of us here would take him as a troll. But 10 years ago, many would be helpful and explain how it works.

No news here, they can find it elsewhere, on even less, if at all, moderated boards.

For me, if anything is new here, I know it has been chewed, tried and mastered by the folks on the Board. As if were grumpy neighbours who somehow trust each others.

That could be the punchline: this Board may be for the veterans who know and feel for each other. Certainly, no many people I could talk about Thailand without lengthty introductions. Here, no need for that.

Archived