How Can We (Re-)Activate The Board?

elef

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Mekong ,

through my tears I am looking at your picture of the Garden of Eden . Although I could swear I have never been inside the property I do remember a lass from the Southern provinces of the kingdom sitting on my lap with no clothes on her . I do not know how she did ever come there , it remains a mystery . Rock Hard Bar , oh dear . They had a discreet area deep inside the place where the lonely gentleman could sort of relax from the stressful life full of duties , nobody did ever care .

CP has in fact been the only nightlife spot I did ever really enjoy over all these years , except the former Nanaplaza plus the area under the Autobahn close to Soi 1 . The latter also disappeared , hell what are we heading for .

20-some years ago there was a big food mall under the expressway. I used to eat there often, since I worked on Soi Chidlom. You could have a different kind of lunch every day of the week - Central Thai, Issan, North, Southern, vegetarian, Muslim, Japanese. Upstairs was a nightclub.

The bars came along later behind the food mall, which for some reason closed. Then one day it was all torn down, no idea why. :dunno:

Buckskin Joe's

Upstairs was a nightclub.

The bars came along later behind the food mall, which for some reason closed. Then one day it was all torn down, no idea why. :dunno:

Buckskin Joe's

What they had a nightclub in the Middle of Charlerm Maha Nakon Expressway?

Most of the bar owners from Buckskin Joes relocated to Sukhumvit Soi 10 beer bar area aka Chuvit Park nowadays, History!

The big food mall was on the ground floor. There was a floor above that was reached by a staircase. There was room for several stories under the expressway. It was a Thai style nightclub, small bands and lots of hostesses.

There was also a nightclub on the top floor of the Orakan Building, right over my office! When the band started practicing in the day time, I'd go somewhere else. It was nice to be an editor and be able to do that. The Thais were stuck in the office. :)

My opinion, nothing can revive this Board to its former glory. Not that the Board is bad but the market has disappeared.

At least 3 things were important when the Board got going and became popular.

1. Year 2000 and people splashed with shares and optimism. My company had meetings, conferences, even congresses, in BKK every 3 months. Once, I was there (for no real need, can not be replicated today) for 17 days. Then again, 3 months later, another 12 days.

many people had experienced BKK night life and got hooked. From those days, at least 8 ppl from my company married BGs.

2. Advent of the Internet. What was previously difficult or impossible, this Board had enabled people interested in Thai night life to talk and share what they knew or wanted to know. There is only so much to talk about bar girls, that hunger got satiated. Many other board sprung up.

Many got burned, some married to BGs. Then they realized there is nothing more to know about jungle people (BGs) that had made themselves available to them.

3. Crash of the dotcom market has deprived many of easy money. Whether they stopped coming, focused on their own survival (even if in Thai at that time) or realized BGs are not worth their effort and money.

Crash in the housing market came at the top of that.

What room for curiosity or further drilling into BGs market has that left? Probably little or nothing.

Stickman has found his niche market. His site, there nobody inserts junk, links and clips from the net and what is left of the interested people, he is doing "narrow casting" and seems ok for his site.

Would I ask Stickman for BG investigation?

Would I move to Thai?

Would I debate BG habits now?

Would I fuck.

Now, I come now and then, just to check what old Board members are up to. More like an old boys club where I still have access to.

That does not help the Board revival.

My opinion, nothing can revive this Board to its former glory. Not that the Board is bad but the market has disappeared.

Or the original market has matured / moved on rather than disappeared, I live my life a lot different now than I did back in 1999

At least 3 things were important when the Board got going and became popular.

1. Year 2000 and people splashed with shares and optimism. My company had meetings, conferences, even congresses, in BKK every 3 months. Once, I was there (for no real need, can not be replicated today) for 17 days. Then again, 3 months later, another 12 days.

many people had experienced BKK night life and got hooked. From those days, at least 8 ppl from my company married BGs.

Not all of us had share options some of us work for a living, your FIRST mention of BG's

2. Advent of the Internet. What was previously difficult or impossible, this Board had enabled people interested in Thai night life to talk and share what they knew or wanted to know. There is only so much to talk about bar girls, that hunger got satiated. Many other board sprung up.

Many got burned, some married to BGs. Then they realized there is nothing more to know about jungle people (BGs) that had made themselves available to them.

I had internet here in 1995, 1,000 Baht / Hour with Loxinfo for a 26Kbps dial up, the days when offline browsing were required, your SECOND mention of BG's

3. Crash of the dotcom market has deprived many of easy money. Whether they stopped coming, focused on their own survival (even if in Thai at that time) or realized BGs are not worth their effort and money.

Crash in the housing market came at the top of that.

What room for curiosity or further drilling into BGs market has that left? Probably little or nothing.

Never personally been involved in Dotcoms, networks have been my livelihood well before the Internet was known, as far as housing market I make a killing in 1997 Crash, Your Third mention of BG's

Stickman has found his niche market. His site, there nobody inserts junk, links and clips from the net and what is left of the interested people, he is doing "narrow casting" and seems ok for his site.

Would I ask Stickman for BG investigation?

Would I move to Thai?

Would I debate BG habits now?

Would I fuck.

Now, I come now and then, just to check what old Board members are up to. More like an old boys club where I still have access to.

That does not help the Board revival.

TTM

It appears to me that your only connection with Thailand is BG's!

Archived