Farang Moron Of The Month

gobbledonk

Stick has a bunch of questions from readers that are answered by a Thai legal firm, and most of it is around common issues like buying a condo etc, but this one takes the cake:

I was arrested for hugging a girl from behind in a Family Mart store. She got angry and wanted me to pay her 10,000 baht. I refused - which was stupid, I now realise. When I didn't pay, the police locked me up in the pen and I had to spend the night there. The day after I just wanted to get away so I had to pay 100,000 baht bail. How does bail work here in Thailand? Do you think that I will get the money back? Also, what kind of punishment do you think I will get?

Er, no - the stupid part was hugging her in the first place, Slick. Just how moronic is this guy ? Risking the wrath of the Thai 'justice' system to follow an infantile urge to hug a stranger ? Drives home the old adage about Farang leaving their brains at the airport - I've been absolutely hammered in convenience stores late at night, but I'm always careful to respect other people's space in such tight spaces : for all this clown knew, she could have had 3 Thai guys waiting outside to beat him to a pulp. Thanks for contributing to the view that some Thais have of Farang, Major Intellect. Hopefully, your gene pool ends with you.

FWIW, this was the legal eagle's response.

Sunbelt responds: Most likely you have been charged with some sort of assault. Once you have your court date the bail will be returned to you, however, there may be fines and fees deducted and you may find yourself deported. It's possible that you will get sentenced but most likely the judge will fine you and require you to pay damages.

Looks like the story made the Pattaya Daily News:

Drunk Swede Arrested For Sexual Attack in South Pattaya (16/03/12)

34zizpi.png

A Pattaya female notified the police to arrest a drunk Swedish citizen who groped her at a minimart

PATTAYA – March 15, 2012[PDN]; Pattaya police detained Mr. Persson Daniel, age 37, Swedish citizen to be investigated at Pattaya police station after sexually attacking Ms. Thongrak Wayoboot, age 25. Upon investigation Ms. Thongrak said that, as she was shopping at a minimart near Sophon market, South Pattaya she was followed by a drunk Mr. Persson whom she had never met before. Suddenly Mr. Persson grabbed and groped her. She was frightened and screamed with anger and scolded him.

But Mr. Persson didn’t stop, he tried to grab and hug her again and Ms. Thongrak ran into a minimart with Mr. Persson following her and trying to grope again.

1r6m8p.png23huosl.png

Suddenly Mr. Persson got angry and abused her verbally and tried to hit. Ms. Thongrak who asked for assistance from the minimart staff to call the police.

She said that, she wanted the police to arrest Mr. Persson for groping and insulting her of being a prostitute.

Upon investigating Mr. Persson,who confessed that he had tried to hug the victim. The police let Mr. Persson contact his Thai girl friend before charging him with sexual assault in a public place.

Mr. Persson the Swedish tourist will be investigated and prosecuted according to Thai law.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2012/03/16/drunk-swede-arrested-for-sexual-attack-in-south-pattaya/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Believe it or not, some real people do live in Pattaya. I taught a student from there sa few years ago, a plump little gal whose family had owned a restaurant for years. She was born and raised in Pattaya.

And if the Swede has a "girlfriend" in Pattaya, what is he doing molesting strangers?

Next question ... What is his board name? :)

Believe it or not, some real people do live in Pattaya. I taught a student from there sa few years ago, a plump little gal whose family had owned a restaurant for years. She was born and raised in Pattaya.

And if the Swede has a "girlfriend" in Pattaya, what is he doing molesting strangers?

Next question ... What is his board name? :)

I think that the fat lady to right on first photo is his GF. A little surprised about the location - gay/lesbian area, but also close to WS. I haven't seen many tourists there - IMO the key is the GF.

Gentlemen ,

again I raise my voice in defense of Mr. Persson who is probably guilty of a mild version of rape . After I had the opportunity last week to watch estimated 300 Thai soap operas under the spiritual guidance of lovely Nok I would insist rape is legal in the Kingdom and usually leads into a well balanced and long lasting relationship . Though I have to say partcipants in Thai soap operas look significantly better than those in Pattaya convenience stores .

I may respectfully add that after soap opera 35 or so I had to warn lovely Nok that one more and I would take the nexdt plane back to Germany . We then agreed to switch off the loudspeaker .

Hi,

"After I had the opportunity last week to watch estimated 300 Thai soap operas under the spiritual guidance of lovely Nok I would insist rape is legal in the Kingdom and usually leads into a well balanced and long lasting relationship ."

Yep, that seems to be quite common in those soaps. Leading actor abducts / rapes / beats up / imprisons leading actress and after several episodes they fall in love and become a happy couple. Sets a great role model :(

Another great one is drunk driving, seems to happen quite often as well. Of course, never with any negative effects like causing an accident.

They should ban all those soaps :(

Sanuk!

There is positive fallout looking at these soap operas in general : One early evening when we left the hotel lovely Nok went pale , whispered the word SUPERSTAR and sort of fell unconscious . I noted a probably 12 year old beauty climbing out of a Ferrari 430 ( red ) who did obvioulsly plan to marry later this same day . Name Nen or something similar . They seem to pay them well for an unbelievable bullshit .

Archived