You Have A Lucky Face

khunsanuk

I remember seeing the turbanned gent outside Delifrance ( Suk. 5-8 ? ) a few years ago.He approached me wanting to examine my palm.I was tempted to give him a closer look at my fist but decided against it due to my shy and retiring nature :biggrin: Never found out what the scam was .Now I have a simple rule....Indian = scam,same-same timeshare :twocents:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst I've encountered were a group of monks from some obscure order in Hong Kong who would approach you in the street in KL - word has it that they were genuine monks needing money for a temple in HK but you dont expect a monk to approach you for money. They had 'official' ID around their necks and would give you a receipt, but after giving one of them 20 Ringgit I had no interest in donating repeatedly. One literally started *running* toward me (wide smile in place) when he saw my white face outside Petronas Towerr - I responded by running away. What else was I going to do - punch a monk ?

Havent seen them on my last couple of visits to KL - either they got their temple or they got thrown out of Malaysia. Or both :biggrin:

(If these guys were more shonks than monks, they went to a lot of trouble to pull a con that would surely have invited Police attention)

WTF is your problem? Read my initial post, I know damn well he was trying to scam me, just didn't know - and still don't for all your 'explaining' - what the actual scam is.

why does nobody on this board understand the ratchada logic? isn't it mind blowing? another example that genius and lunacy come sometimes hand in hand. unfair to recognize just the latter in ratchada!

My brother-in-law was asked by the local smartarse how he was, to which he replied 'Pretty good'. Smartarse responded with 'You might be good, but you're not pretty'. Have to wonder how he has kept his front teeth all these years, but it would be excellent to come back with something along those lines for our lucky face friends and the mofo survey takers.

Actually it isn't a bad deal always. I know a swedish lady who bought some weeks in a timeshare apartment in Sweden. She never went there but instead she changes for weeks all over the world.

Usually it doesn't work like this. The price is too high, the time share buildings are crappy build and deteriorate soon and/or in a bad location. Usually its a huge loss of money. And the scammed tourist usually neither travel that extensively nor do they organize their trips themselves...

Usually it doesn't work like this. The price is too high, the time share buildings are crappy build and deteriorate soon and/or in a bad location. Usually its a huge loss of money. And the scammed tourist usually neither travel that extensively nor do they organize their trips themselves...

agreed

it is a total bullshit deal! stay in hotels will be cheaper and you can always choose where you want to go in opposite to time sharing!

Archived