Exchange Rate Usd - Thb 30 December 2012

elef

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

coss, we all knew it had to happen - a lot of that money was simply investors trying to find an alternative to the uncertainty in the US and Europe. Still cant see that Europe is digging itself out of the hole - anyone ?

Do you mean Europe overall or the countries who gave up their own currency for the Euro?

Eurozone is struggling, Ireland ten years ago had the Celtic Boom but is now in recession, most of Northern Europe, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany etc are hanging in there but in the South Portugal, Spain and Italy are being hit hard, I wont even mention Greece.

IMHO the nations who will recover first are the ones who decided not to join the Euro, hey I give my own country a lot of stick but we still kept our GBP, Swiss still have CHF and a couple of the Scandinavian nations stayed out as well.

coss, we all knew it had to happen - a lot of that money was simply investors trying to find an alternative to the uncertainty in the US and Europe. Still cant see that Europe is digging itself out of the hole - anyone ?

It's bigger than that.

The whole capitalism is a Ponzi scheme: first entrants, to gain, they need a constant stream of new entrants.

That is what they call "growth". How much the incumbents can borrow based on expectations that newcomers are streaming in and bringing in more.

That is not going to happen.

"Baby boomers" have benefited from that. Then, contraception (70-ies) and no marriages have decimated the newbies.

How to recover from that? Europe can't. Those with immigration are coping somehow but nothing remarkable. Europe is not an immigrant place.

Asia is booming even with China's "1 child policy" that applies to about 40% of Chinese population.

No new entrants in the West into the scheme whose caricature has been Bernard Madoff (in jail for life, no parole).

Archived